Pot size

Guest Norris

Guest Norris

I know already is threads about pot size but does anyone see a real difference? I've got from 6.5l to 9l and IMO I don't see much difference. Intact my friends plants look better yield and their done in 6.5. And it's not as if autos get a long veg.

• Like 1
Guest SmokeyToke

The bigger the rootspace the bigger the plant, the bigger the plant the more it can produce. Its about finding the balance between number of plants and pot size. Many, many people have foun fewer plants and bbigger pots has given them a greater yield than cramming in lots of plants in smaller pots :yinyang:

Guest Norris

But surely that can't apply to much when it comes to autos as they have a short veg time. Will you need bigger than a 6.5? I myself have pulled 3oz from an auto in a 6.5l

Guest SmokeyToke

Ah sorry I didn't see that bit. I suppose it all depends when an auto stops root production and at that point how big its root system is, I couldn't tell you the answer in that case

• 2 weeks later...

Yo peeps, Ive always done my autos in 10L airpots, they have all averaged about 3 ft high.

Thought id test the theory to see if bigger is better so,

I started a black jack auto off in a 1L Airpot, now have moved her into a 20L Airpot! lol

Talk about maxing out....so this will be interesting and my results will probably answer your question,

Keep watching my album.

i've finished autos in all sorts of pot sizes. From small 200ml polystyrine cups up to 11l squares.

I found plants (autos) in bigger pots take longer to finish their life cycle and produce more final yield, funnily enough.

• Like 1