Does anyone use LED grow lights ?

Is it a lot harder to grow under LED's trying to maintain

room temp and air exchange ?

hiya,

they,re good for veg, not proven for flowering, far too pricey as well,

the cheap ones don't work for sure, its a minefield at the moment with

LEDs. my local growshop did a side by side grow between LED and sodium

no contest...the sodium walked it

depending on where you grow the chances are u will need to install extra heating

as you need 25c and they run pretty cool

distance above your plant can be tricky as well, they tend to bleach things if

too close

hope this helps u decide

peace

• Like 1

Yo cannibus

Not all bleak news about LED's, mosey over to the Dutch Passion support area, Dutch Tony is a fan and posts some LED grows from other forums which are also on the DP website & blog.

I've noticed two UK companies now that are making and selling them at better prices (PM me if you want names)and people are having some success. I have LEDs from two sources, some expensive ones and I just bought a cheap one from one of the UK companies just mentioned. The cheaper one has quite noisy fans but I only bought it out of curiosity to use in a little clone tent. The aggressive fans might be an asset in some ways for air circulation in a clone tent so we'll see how it goes. The high-end lights are blinding (literally) and very quiet, you can hear a mouse fart in my grow room.

The general consensus is that LEDs are good for veg and that's absolutely right,no problems at all, but iffy with flowering. I'm 8 weeks into a grow with LEDs and all looks good so far, photos below. People say the buds are going to be smaller but very dense and strong-smelling. I'm in it for percy so I'm not bothered about 'monster yields' as long as the quality is there.

Found this excellent little how-to on youtube for a very budget LED set-up which might work well for seedlings - I'm going to make up some panels as per the video to see if they might work as supplementary lighting in some of the hard-to-get-to areas of my current grow.

Mazar Kush - around 20 days 12/12

med_gallery_76003_5935_169953.png

Northern Lights X Big Bud - 8 weeks

med_gallery_76003_5935_134090.png

Forgot to add - I'm not having any problems with air flow, in fact you don't need huge extractor or intake fans as far as I can see. I have a passive intake and a 5" Ruck on a voltage stepper set pretty low - there's a nice stream of air flowing over the plants and because the panels don't produce much heat you don't have to worry about burning your plants. No bleaching either so far.

Possibly you might need more heating, though in the grow tent or room.

again people saying no good for flowering ..honestly open yer eyes ..theres enough of us producing top quality bud with em ...bloody naysayers who have no experience of led again .

• Like 6

Hi All, Ive been using LEd lights for the past year now, started off with a 270W modular type, worked really well, now ive moved in a brand new 300W Helios Mixed Array LEd light over my cheese clones to finish them off hopefully quicker, Ive also got a Photon Pro 240W LEd with the x3 Lense over a blackjack auto grow.

Anyhoo, yeah they have come a long way indeed, i wouldnt of touched them over a year ago because of the hype that went with them, but now its a totally different world, theyre still are sadly a lot of LEd's that do still use crappy parts but ive found the key is the warranty, ive got a 5 year warranty on my two LED's and a 3 year warranty on the other one.

So far i have had no problems whatsoever with heat problems (i grow in stealth cabs) or noise, The results have been steady and intersting, as i first started off growing without feed or anything, just normal compost, now im using Airpots and BioBizz everything.

The results ive had have been exceptinally good, the buds have been mostly very compact and tight (except for some Phenotypes i had), growth has been good and yield was for the 270W about 200Gr dry total out of 4 plants in 10L airpots.

These results have been consistant throughout 4 grows so far, Now ive moved up a gear to the newer technology. Check out my Gallery.

Peace all. :yinyang:

Edited by Deadlock
  • Like 2

again people saying no good for flowering ..honestly open yer eyes ..theres enough of us producing top quality bud with em ...bloody naysayers who have no experience of led again .

There open, what am I looking at?

Im yet to see even a single scrap of evidence which suggest LED lights can match an HID let alone out perform it!

There open, what am I looking at?

Im yet to see even a single scrap of evidence which suggest LED lights can match an HID let alone out perform it!

Sorry man i disagree,

Thats not the argument dude, you may aswell be arguing that a 1000HPS is better then s Plasma 300W, etc..... Ive seen a 720 W chinese bysen Made UFO produce 40 Oz in Dry Bud from one grow, Ive also seen a crap yield from a 1000W HPS, There is sooo many variables to include in testing and proving that these work,

If i could afford to run a 1000W HPs and have the area to grow in then i would probably use HPS, But LEDs are meant for other purposes, like keeping the heat down etc... Covert, thats what i like about them,

So i do agree with you my friend, there is no comparison.....yet. But that will all change soon with the new LEd mixed array tech. Check my Gallery out. The buds look pretty good to me under what is meant to be equivalent to a 400W HPS but i am a small personal grower.

Peace Peeps. :skin_up:

Edited by Deadlock
  • Like 1

Hi Mate,

I checked your gallery out. :)

Before we go any further do you sell these units?

I only ask as anybody we've had here championing LED's in the past has either owned or been a part of one of the companies importing them.

The fact you have the full URL of the company supplying these units in your picture descriptions, it kind of looks like you probably do.

Forgive me for being skeptical but your not the first and certainly wont be the last to come here championing LED's.

You have a Photon Pro 240W LED@£270 and a 300W Helios Mixed Array LED@£510.00, do you not agree that this represents quite a significant investment for a small percy grower?

Its certainly an expensive way of lighting a cupboard.

You say you cant afford to run a 1000W HPS but your running 540w of LED, you do know you can buy 600w HID's?

If you(or your friends) dont sell them, could I ask what was the motivation behind spending so much money on lighting a cupboard?

Obviously, if you got them for free then fair play :B):

Ive seen a 720 W chinese bysen Made UFO produce 40 Oz in Dry Bud from one grow

that i find hard to believe, any pics ?

Hi Mate,

I checked your gallery out. :)

Before we go any further do you sell these units?

I only ask as anybody we've had here championing LED's in the past has either owned or been a part of one of the companies importing them.

The fact you have the full URL of the company supplying these units in your picture descriptions, it kind of looks like you probably do.

Forgive me for being skeptical but your not the first and certainly wont be the last to come here championing LED's.

You have a Photon Pro 240W LED@£270 and a 300W Helios Mixed Array LED@£510.00, do you not agree that this represents quite a significant investment for a small percy grower?

Its certainly an expensive way of lighting a cupboard.

You say you cant afford to run a 1000W HPS but your running 540w of LED, you do know you can buy 600w HID's?

If you(or your friends) dont sell them, could I ask what was the motivation behind spending so much money on lighting a cupboard?

Obviously, if you got them for free then fair play :B):

Hi mate, Nope i actually forked out full price for all my LED lights, the first one is a GrowNorthern Ms-0006, i bought that one first as it was local to me and i had a really long chat with the owner of the lights and as these were the first ones to hit the uk with a good warranty, i bought one for £325m now i think they are cheaper then that.

I use that for about 9 months then thought id treat myself to a smaller one as my grows werent lasting long enough to see me through the next grow.

I came across an LED shop and telehpned the owner of that one to see what he had to suit my needs, hence the Photon Pro.

I was originally going to buy the GN Ms-0004 one but went for the photon as it had a longer warranty and more power. Again, i paid full price.

Then the HELIOS has just arrived, pissed my misses right off cos a credit card bought this one but now my gn is doing other grows, ive lent it out to one of my mates who is quite ill and needs

to grow his own, especially with the ridiculous prices these days, soo again full price.

I know what your sying about the HPS but im looking to save money in the long term, plus i dont want ballasts etc...., i wanted a stealth cabinet, no sound etc... so LED's are perfect.

Oh i have looked around a lot, spent weeks and weeks reserching them before i decided to put my hand in my pocket but i do work and growing is my passion.

I will be moving onto using LED's for other plants rather then MJ aswell. Bamboo being my next missin to see how well LED's do.

I also completely understand that there are loads of LED companys trying to get into the market as again, before buying these i have researched the massive market in them overseas in china, ie bysen, alibaba, all that did was give me a headache, so, i wanted to talk to someone before paying out a lot of money.

I had seen some LED's work really well before but i didnt like the Panel type daisychain connections, one goes they all go type of LED.

Now that could of changed now but im happy with mine and excited at getting more, as costly as it is at first, all the other benefits pay for themselves over time.

Never liked nasty HPS bulbs anyway, dangerous bloody things, ive been growing for over 20 years now and seen a lot of bad things happen cos of them bulbs so for safety, stealth and piece of

mind, id pay for.

Edited by madgiz
spam

that i find hard to believe, any pics ?

No mate sorry, the type of guys with that much dont sort of like pics being taken of them, i see the end results tho cos i smoked some of it. lol

Hang on hang on hang onskie,

I now see what your sayimg, ive checked my photos over in the album, no url links, then i checked them on my pc and i did have one of the Helios pics with the guys company name on it,

i thought it would be ok if i deleted the .co.uk bit. That one slipped through the net, am checking everything else, so My Bad mate and well spotted. :smokin:

If ya see anything else please let me know!

I'll happily delete change whatever, i just want to show off ma new toys. :yinyang: