So whats happening with the coffee shops in the south? Weedpass?

xxWilky

Popped round a coffeeshop in Maastricht yesterday. The guy on the door was very apologetic and obviously a bit frustrated at turning away business, but the Weitpass is still in full force there right now.

I asked about it to a couple of non-smoker dutch friends of mine who live there and I was visiting. They say that they can now easily get a parking space outside their homes whereas before it was always packed with Belgian cars. However, there are more groups of young guys on the street smoking as they don't like giving their names to the local council. This has changed the atmosphere in some areas.

When I asked them whether it was better or worse, they both just shrugged - they don't really mind one way or the other. That's what I like about the Dutch.

• Like 1

A few days ago I went to Roermond for weed and they wouldn't sell it to me because i wasn't from ''here'' , yet they served a German fella in front of me . Geen proberen met coffeeshop en Heerlen , they served me in Heerlen and of course no trouble up in Den Haag . Most of the weed was only average though , except in the quiet coffeeshops in Den Haag .It sits there for a week or more so it gets some little bit of a cure !

Oh the cops were driving around the closed coffeeshops and there were quite a few dealers on the street . That stopped for ten years and now it's back ''psst , you looking for something ?'' . I'm surprised at what's happening . Heerlen has queues of Belgians and Germans now . I suppose they'll all be back to Maastricht now that the shops are open .

• Like 1