So whats happening with the coffee shops in the south? Weedpass?

xxWilky

The title says all really, I would like to know if tourists can still come over and enjoy some smoke in the south of the Netherlands.

not sure if you need a weed pass or not but they cant sell to tourists. i believe they are trying to take it to court for discrimination and equal rights but at the moment its best to stick to amsterdam (or other main citys)

• 1 month later...

I was recently in Tilburg & none Dutch nationals weren't even allowed in the coffeeshops never mind buying weed, they wouldn't even let me buy a pack of papers, a mate was also in Den Bosch a couple of weeks back & that was apparently the same so I'm so glad I stocked up in Amsterdam before heading south, got some Kosher Kush, Chocolope & Sour Power from Voyagers, all very nice & the diamond was Ceres Hilton from Dampkring, incredible smoke :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

but still you wont need one in amsterdam right?

nah mate, you dont need a pass in amsterdam, only the coffee shops near the dutch borders have enforced the weed pass, i read last week that some of the border towns are letting germans back into thier coffee shops too, it will all be over and forgotten about very soon. theres also now a push in holland to let the coffee shops grow thier own weed to try and remove criminal gangs from the equasion. everybody panicked when they first tried to ban foreigners from the coffee shops, sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards

• Like 1

How are they allowed to discriminate ? I thought we were all Europeans now

thats the big question. but it went through the courts and the courts approved the weed pass so they obviously can discriminate :unsure:

Wasn't there an article about a coffee shop down South being prosecuted for serving German tourists just days after the article saying they were relaxing the rules :unsure: Not sure anyone in an official capacity knows what the fuck's going on (par for the course, then, really).

I posted this elsewhere which may help...

Dutch tolerance map link

view the map in "Earth" view rather than map view. The red circles indicates Dutch only

Maastricht was recently in the news because a court ruling went against the Mayor for closing one of the coffeeshops down for selling to tourists. So the coffeeshops said fuck you and opened for business. This I believe was while the Mayor was away. The Mayor then returned and said, no...fuck you coffeeshops, I'm going to get you arrested. So I think a few coffeshops were closed and have been banned (or threatened to be banned) from opening for 3 months. When they were closed during arrests, the street dealers started cheering.

So the upshot is that virtually everyone wants a sensible option that allows tourists to be served in the coffeeshops except the Mayor :doh:

This is the latest lunacy from the possibly soon to be ex-Mayor

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2 ... n_stre.php

Maastricht mayor takes on street drug dealers

Thursday 16 May 2013

Maastricht mayor Onno Hoes on Thursday declared a fight back against the growing violence caused by street drug dealers.

Street violence and aggression has been growing since the introduction last year of a law banning cannabis cafes, known as coffee shops, to sell soft drugs to non-residents.

Hoes told Nos tv the level of aggression from drugs runners has reached unacceptable levels. He is allocating extra police agents to the problem with immediate effect and is increasing the number of volunteer community police in the affected areas.

The ban was introduced in the southern provinces last May and went nationwide at the beginning of this year.

However, many cities, including Amsterdam, have said they will take advantage of provisions in the law to tailor-make policies for their own situations. In effect this means tourists have not been banned from the capital's coffee shops.

• Like 2

So the dumb fuck mayor bans coffee shops selling to foreigners and is now worried about the increase in street violence which he himself helped to cause

News just in.....

Mayor Onno Hoes said in an interview today that he hasn't got enough police officers to fight against drug runners and close coffeeshops (I think :unsure:lol

Sorry about the slightly garbled translation, I clarified as much as I can at the moment :stoned:

Foreigners may soon be possible in at coffee shops in Maastricht. Mayor Hoes said at the regional broadcasting L1 that he does not rule out that he is not going to enforce the ban.

Hoes says he does not keep it up much longer with the current police force. He actually has too few agents to close them and tackle increasingly aggressive street dealers. Nuisance to both coffee shops Hoes is therefore talking to The Hague.

clientele

Long held Hoes (VVD) to the maintenance of the soft drugs policy in his city, but he seems to be careful to come back. Hoes speaks of a dilemma. "On the one hand I try the legal system from the municipality shape, on the other hand I see therefore even more unrest on the streets. Must I not enforce laws because it gets restless?"

Under Hoes, the nuisance on the streets has increased substantially since the coffeeshops in Maastricht again selling marijuana to foreigners. Street dealers would be more aggressive, because they lose their patronage to the coffee shops.

Earlier this month the particular court that the municipality did not close because the weed sales to foreigners. Coffeeshop Other coffee shops started in response to that statement again with the sale of drugs to foreigners

Source

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How are they allowed to discriminate ? I thought we were all Europeans now

You cannot discriminate with legal products, but cannabis is not a legal product it is merely tolerated, so any case brought to trial for discrimination fails due to that technicality

Edited by groovelick

Fuck :headpain: hxxp://www.elsevier.nl/Nederland/nieuws/2013/5/Nieuwe-politie-invallen-nog-maar-een-coffeeshop-Maastricht-open-1271749W/