To Hot

sKunK-fArmA

lo all,

just built a new grow room, i got a 400W HPS and two 150W hallo. Got 2 os-fans and 2 8cm inlets. But the temps are at 50°C, i raised the 400W light to try and keep the temp by the plants a bit lower...its 45°C which is still way to hot. Im aiming for 25-30°C, any 1 got an idea?

Peace all

farma

Edited by sKunK-fArmA

probably a MINIMUM of the 6" duct fan from the uk420 shop! - and probably best to get the filter that goes with it too! Not only does the airflow keep things cool, it brings in the most important building block of growth - CO2! :guitar:

Vlad, you mean CO2 from outside or do you reckon he could get away with taking the air from indoors lol

Forget that! With that amount of wattage, only outdoor will do. I wonder if there are enough passive intakes, or whether they're big enough lol

:guitar:

by a quick mental calculation, I reckon he'll need about 140 sq ins of inlet (5 times the inlet area of 6") - so a panel 28 inches by 5 inches - or whatever makes that area! :guitar:

Oh, and I almost forgot :guitar:

Make sure that you're measuring the temps from in the shade. Do not have your thermometer under the lights, it needs shade to give an accurate reading.

If you cannot manage that, then make a foil hat for it.

lol

lo,

thnx vlad+G-W, those fans aint half expensive...hmm...might have to wait a while before i get 1 of thosee baby's. My thermometer is in the light, so maybe thats the prob. ill get back later, if thats the case.

peace

farma

lo all

with it being under a piece of paper its 35°C...is this to hot, or will the plants be able to cope with it?

peace

farma

150 watt Hallogen i would think dophed. or Metal Halide??

skunk farma you should be aiming for temp of around 75-85F.

I dont know what that is in C. lol OH 35C is 95F. bit hot.

Edited by Maj.Cannabis

You can draw air from indoors and i would recommend doing so, especially during flowering as you will have 12 hours of no heat source, and temps WILL drop dramatically overnight this time of year...(You could get round this using a therm controlled heater in your growroom...make sure you caver up its lights if it has any).

I have a 600w hps, a 6" extractor drawing indoor air in and a 4" inlet fan, i can control my temps comfortably.

Make sure if you do draw indoor air that its from a well vented room, usually best to leave the door open to this room so that it can draw air from all over the house, this way you can control your grow room temps overnight using your central heating thermostat. I set my thermostat to 20c over night then turn it off during most of the day.

good to see you got your priorities right

I set my thermostat to 20c over night then turn it off during most of the day.

running your central heating to suit your grow :yinyang:

good to see you got your priorities right

running your central heating to suit your grow :yinyang:

259314[/snapback]

:unsure: I got a hot water bottle on my lap as we speak ;)

lo all,

just built a new grow room, i got a 400W HPS and two 150W hallo. Got 2 os-fans and 2 8cm inlets. But the temps are at 50°C, i raised the 400W light to try and keep the temp by the plants a bit lower...its  45°C which is still way to hot. Im aiming for 25-30°C, any 1 got an idea?

Peace all

farma

259179[/snapback]

Dammm, that is hot in there , id start saveing my pennies m8 for a good rvk fan they dont look much but by F#@k they are the dog balls will bring your temp's right down lol

post-4526-1099916323.jpg