first time grower

420guy

Hi :yep:

If your planting straight into the ground you would need to prep the soil first unless you know its good soil already,plus im not familiar with the strain but without a pot to restrict the roots they are gonna grow big!

I suggest you have a good read of the gg diary and greenhouse section before you make any decisions,its a common mistake for a new grower to ruin things by being too eager :smokin:

ok thanks gingerninja, its not a problem to plant them in their pots, if i was to do this, what size pots would you say to use? and the plant should grow to 40cm-50cm (apparently)

Hey again :v:

If its only a 50cm strain then you could probably plant in the ground as long as thats not too high for you? Generally speaking the smaller the pot the smaller the plant.

Like i say dude read read and read some more :book:

Ok, if I'm using a pot for the first 2 weeks with seed soil, do I then just fill a hole with the other soil and put it straight into that?

Ok brilliant!! Im going homebase now, whats the name of the compost, and btw my seeds have grown lil white roots, think its time to pot them?

50cm!? Wow! I just got regular super silver haze (mr nice) and they say they grow super tall ... a couple of metres if grown outdoors. I am going to keep a lookout for your diary! :rockon:

yh, i had to avoid tall plants for reasons above, im hoping to get an ounce max, i know its not alot but its my first time and i dont wanna mess anything up lol

but thanks man, appreciate the interest

basically its my first time growing, ive found a nice hidden away area in my back garden to start growing so everything will be done naturally, i need help picking a strain though as 2 very close neighbours are very nosey, and also, im pretty stuppid so it needs to be the least hassle.something very short and not so stinky, as its my first time im not hugely worried about a massive yeald, just something adauquit, stealthy, and not massivly smelly will be perfectany help will be very VERY appreciated

No worries CK, n when I say nosey I mean they chat to us alot and ones very keen on gardening and likes to admire from the fence, I've just come back from asda with some multi purpose 20l sack of compost and some small pots.Am I right in growing them inside for 2 weeks or so then repotting them straight to the ground? Digging a hole filling with compost and putting them in that?

where can i grab some seedling compost from?and when it comes to taking it out the pot and putting it into the ground, is it as simple as digging a hole and putting the compost in and and putting the plant in? sorry if its a stupid question lol

Ok, if I'm using a pot for the first 2 weeks with seed soil, do I then just fill a hole with the other soil and put it straight into that?

Ok brilliant!! Im going homebase now, whats the name of the compost, and btw my seeds have grown lil white roots, think its time to pot them?

Hey again :v:If its only a 50cm strain then you could probably plant in the ground as long as thats not too high for you? Generally speaking the smaller the pot the smaller the plant. Like i say dude read read and read some more :book:

So many questions man! Like Gingernija has said, read around the topic, and by doing so you will not only find answers to these and many other questions, but you will more importantly learn so much more and become a better grower for it.

You, needless to say, have the World Wide Web at your fingertips (pun not intended but it's a good yin so it'll stay) so there is very little about anything at all that you cannot access shit loads of info about...

Stay safe, and do please be mindful of your gardening neighbour!!

All the best man, luck and green fingers..