Mr Bond's Low Humidity Buster

Mr Bond

Mr Bond's Low Humidity Buster!

I've just posted this in my Killer Skunk diary but hoping the get a wider audience than 4 people I thought I'd have a go at my first How To! So here is what I do to turn super dry air into a tropical rain forest!

I've tried many different methods over the years to combat low humidity and this is BY FAR THE BEST solution I've tried. It's cheap to set up, cheap to run, very low maintenance and raises humidity massively.

Basically all you need is the following:

Mini Fogger

Something that floats such as cork, polystyrene etc etc.

Water container

Small pot

I've used one of Mrs B's dinner mats for a float, I'm almost sure that when she finds out she wont mind at all. :wassnnme:

Simply draw round the bottom of the pot..

gallery_73344_5786_24641.jpg

And cut out with a stanley knife..

gallery_73344_5786_34086.jpg

Put the pot into the cutout, you will probably need to fine tune the size of the hole to make it fit properly..

Push the pot so it rests on it's rim and cant fall through the hole..

gallery_73344_5786_1180.jpg

A fogger works best when set about 40mm below the surface so take this into consideration when determining the depth of the pot below the float..

gallery_73344_5786_15034.jpg

And in she goes! This is a 20L mixing tub which has a vast capacity when compared to expensive sonic humidifiers available on the market. This set up uses exactly the same principle of using sonic vibrations to create a mist but you can choose the size of the tank you want, and this one last about a WEEK as opposed to just hours with the others. The fogger is on the floor next to the tank.

gallery_73344_5786_62665.jpg

once the fogger is dropped into the pot and switched on it creates a mist that is then drawn in through your PASSIVE Intake. I wouldn't advise using this through a forced intake as I reckon there would be too much moisture for the electrics! Use a secondary passive intake to be safe.

gallery_73344_5786_10557.jpg

Put a lid over the top to contain the water that jumps off the surface and winds up all over the floor.

gallery_73344_5786_13370.jpg

And this is the result inside the tent. It's a shame I can't upload the video I did as this gives a better view of just how misty it gets on the floor of the tent, this pic really doesn't do it justice! It's basically how a field may look at 5 in the morning when the dawn breaks. Quite honestly, when your looking at your plants endure 20% humidity and then you see all that moisture around the plants and RH goes up to 70% its a nice feeling!

gallery_73344_5786_22091.png

This really does work and is VERY cheap to set up and run so give it a go if your'e struggling with humidity, it works for me!

All The Best! :smokin:

Mr Bond

Edited by Mr Bond
  • Like 19

Top notch mate!

I grow in tents too and my humidity is always fucking low, so low that the humidity reater doesnt read anything, but the girls are always ok somehow.

Would be good to find a way of wirising it up to switch off once the rh goes above 55% lets say.

There must be some kind of humidity stat you can buy and wire up.

Peace!

TD :yinyang:

• Like 1

Top notch mate!

I grow in tents too and my humidity is always fucking low, so low that the humidity reater doesnt read anything, but the girls are always ok somehow.

Would be good to find a way of wirising it up to switch off once the rh goes above 55% lets say.

There must be some kind of humidity stat you can buy and wire up.

Peace!

TD :yinyang:

I have a switch that I can use if I need to but at the moment the speed of my exhaust idle is keeping it at about 60% which is ideal, it does get up to 70% but that's when we are in and tea is cooking etc. The fogger is connected to a timer and cuts off at lights out. :smokin:

Edited by Mr Bond
  • Like 1

hey great idea mr bond ill give it a whirl

i have a ruk on my intake though so can it be set on the inside of my tent?

as i have plenty room between systems! great info matey glad to see it :wink:

Yeah you could mate just have the fan blowing the mist instead of sucking it through. :smokin:

Excellent Mr. Bond, I am going now to get a mini-fogger from maplins, £20. have some polystyrene and a pot at home so will give it a bash, thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Excellent Mr. Bond, I am going now to get a mini-fogger from maplins, £20. have some polystyrene and a pot at home so will give it a bash, thanks for the tip!

No worries piffy and good luck with it mate! :smokin:

Brilliant tip Mr B. I think alot of people will see this as a godsend.

Nice one mate. :yep:

Cheers THCC. It's more a piece of mind thing really. I've had humidity issues for years and the plants have always gone on to good things, having said that I'm still chasing that perfect grow it's still nice to see 60% on the hygrometer instead of 30% lol

Sorry m8 but I don't get it, why would you want to raise humidity? :unsure: If your plants have healthy roots and are watered correctly, they'll have get all the moisture they need. The r/h will naturally rise as your plants get bigger plus you slow down the rate of transpiration with a high r/h while giving ideal conditions for mould. As soon as you hit flower, you'll be trying to get the r/h down or suffer from powdery mildew or botrytis. Also, doesn't the mist cause condensation to build up inside your ducts and cause drips?

:yinyang:

if it drops really low the plant struggles to transpire , couldnt agree more that high humidity will do more damage than good , its back to the old word of god wisdom taken from so called bibles that preach you must have 70 odd % otherwise your in the shit , 1 mold spore later and yeah you really are , in horticultural circles tropical plants love a bit of humidity but then were not growing hot house flowers but afg from the slopes of mountains so unless it drops really really low and the plants show effects then its a waste of time and inherently dangerous for your grow

damp towel hung in the room , raises massively

Tried it many times and it's never done anything for me. In the room, near the intake, using as a wick and having it dangling in water and it's never helped raise the humidity in my

1.5 x 1.5 tent more than 5% and with the constant airflow it just dries the towel out in a couple of hours. If a damp towel works for you then good stuff mate but this idea is for folks like myself who suffer from super low humidity and where a damp cloth just doesn't do the trick. :smokin:

Edited by Mr Bond