Dry ice hash extraction

Happy Hippy

Hi guys..

Well as the topic says i have a delivery of dry ice tomorrow and will be proceeding to make loads of instant hash(if im lucky)...ive been watching loads of vids etc but i was wondering if anyone here has done it and how did it go ?

Yes i will be doing a run and taking pics unless its an epic fail lol in which case i shall just slink off and hide

Peace

• Like 6

I have always wanted to do this! it looks awesome fun and the hash looks pretty tasty too!

but i think i would have to order a lab coat and goggles if i were playing with dry ice, not because of the danger, but because it would be awesome to look like an evil scientist for an afternoon! :D

• Like 4

Saw it on one of the American weed docs,

Looks simple enough...lol

Cheers dude thats what i thought..

I had some experience of this about 3 months ago .. pretty straightforward.

Any feedback about the quality of the hash made would be nice..cheers.

thanks for that, I will be trying this..

Me too

I have always wanted to do this! it looks awesome fun and the hash looks pretty tasty too!

but i think i would have to order a lab coat and goggles if i were playing with dry ice, not because of the danger, but because it would be awesome to look like an evil scientist for an afternoon! :D

yeah im like a big kid,well excited.i will post back tomorrow if alls well

peace

• Like 1

I was watching some videos of it yesterday, found it quite interesting. Most of the videos I watched used a 160-220µ bag and they seemed happy with the results. It might be worth sieving it again over smaller screens, after the initial extraction, as some plant matter will fall through such a large bag. It does look quite labour intensive compared to making bubble hash with a washing machine and buckets with a drainage pipe. But if doing a small extraction, it is relatively quick and easy, with the added bonus of being able to smoke the hash the same day (I assume).

I was watching some videos of it yesterday, found it quite interesting. Most of the videos I watched used a 160-220µ bag and they seemed happy with the results. It might be worth sieving it again over smaller screens, after the initial extraction, as some plant matter will fall through such a large bag. It does look quite labour intensive compared to making bubble hash with a washing machine and buckets with a drainage pipe. But if doing a small extraction, it is relatively quick and easy, with the added bonus of being able to smoke the hash the same day (I assume).

Hi KingBlueRizla,

Well it did arrive and ive finished all the trim and dry ice,i will post up pics soon but i only used a 73 micron,45mic,and finally a 25....not interested in quantity,its quality everytime..and boy did i get some nice blonde crystals..

peace

• Like 3

Hi KingBlueRizla,

Well it did arrive and ive finished all the trim and dry ice,i will post up pics soon but i only used a 73 micron,45mic,and finally a 25....not interested in quantity,its quality everytime..and boy did i get some nice blonde crystals..

peace

awesome. i've wanted to try this :D

eager to see the results :yep:

awesome. i've wanted to try this :D

eager to see the results :yep:

Sory dude gotta wait for my daughter to come over i really cant grasp the putting pics on thing yet doh..i used 2.5 kg of 9ml pelletts for approx 5oz of trim,this was semi dry before being frozen.not got any scales but when you see the pics you will be able to see i reckon it was well worth doing.

peace

• Like 1

Sory dude gotta wait for my daughter to come over i really cant grasp the putting pics on thing yet doh..i used 2.5 kg of 9ml pelletts for approx 5oz of trim,this was semi dry before being frozen.not got any scales but when you see the pics you will be able to see i reckon it was well worth doing.

peace

no stress chap :D from youtube vids it does look quite productive :yep:

Just seen the price of dry ice, forget that! First site I found wants £27.60 for 2.5kg. Expensive! Especially if it just does 200g trim. Did you have much dry ice left after? Eager to see your results though.

Just seen the price of dry ice, forget that! First site I found wants £27.60 for 2.5kg. Expensive! Especially if it just does 200g trim. Did you have much dry ice left after? Eager to see your results though.

ouch :ouch:

Just use a Co2 bottle with a cone dispenser on, put a sack or even a pair of socks :wassnnme: Gaffa taped or a jubilee clip to hold in place & just give it a blast a cpl of secs & you got a good snowball full of dry ice that lasted me about an hour :yep:

Make sure you wear gloves as frostbite only takes a few secs :yes:

Love n' Light pT :yinyang:

• Like 4

Look into fire extinguisher hash (CO2 hash), that may be less expensive than the dry ice option.

Edit: Not tried it but saw a thread on here about it.

Edited by B-high
  • Like 3

Fire extinguishers are hassle to get and would look strange if I constantly keep bringing them into the house. nice idea though, cheers. I did like that thread on here the other day about fire extinguisher hash.