Confirmation - The Catholic Church

Comrade Stoker

I've just heard from a family member that the church insisted on a few things for their lad, pre confirmation.

They insisted the lad had a mini alter in his bedroom and also some glow in the dark rosary beads. I can't help but feel this is really sinister and that the glow in the dark rosary beads are well thought out, young lad love glow in the dark things and they will have them under their duvet at night etc.

Am I a bit stoned and tired, or does that all seem a bit fucking odd.

• Like 2

Depends, is he one of those Mexican cliff divers?

I got confirmed but didn't have to have an altar in the room, considering I was 15 there was no way I could have had Jesus in that room with me, not unless it was a novelty toilet roll holder :wassnme:

• Like 1

im sure confirmation means sorting out a time for delivery ,this lad he aint ordered a tv or something from one of those christian qvc type channels has he?

• Like 1

In my baked mind I kind of considered the crucifix to be the logo and the fact that a young lad will be exposed to the logo/brand every night for some time. Put it this way, if Coca Cola or Nike thought they could make something for 2p to give away to kids, that would be played with and used every night for a good while, then they'd be doing it, quicker than you could say "I'm dangling luminous beads from my cock"

Edited by Lake Palmer
  • Like 2

im sure they call them anal beads ..not cock beads ..its kiss my cock ring or something like that

My School tried to impose Confirmation (CoE) on me. I told them where I thought they should stick it. Got confirmed at 28, much better idea. Just wrong, that was all. Took me a while, but I got here OK.

God-damn the authorities, be they political, educational and ecclesiastical! Burn the whole fucking lot down. Evil Hypocrisy written all over them.

• Like 4

Really? lol that sounds ludicrous, i remember confirmation as an occasion where us girls were dressed up like brides-to-be, including mini veils, yikes! All for the sake of a piece of bread that was apparently the body of christ, i was intrigued and wondered how there was still enough to go round :unsure:

The catholic organisation stinks like any corrupt big business, i find it hard to believe people still fall for it all and subject their children to all that unnecessary bullshit in their heads.

• Like 6

I went to a catholic school, and seem to remember the teacher saying something along the lines of" when you are confirmed, it's your choice, not like when you were baptised as a baby, but your choice of wether you want to declare yourself a catholic. Oh and by the way, any pupils who don't want to do it will be expelled."

Nice....,

• Like 1

I went to a catholic school, and seem to remember the teacher saying something along the lines of" when you are confirmed, it's your choice, not like when you were baptised as a baby, but your choice of wether you want to declare yourself a catholic. Oh and by the way, any pupils who don't want to do it will be expelled."

Nice....,

Nothing compares with freedom of choice eh!

I've just heard from a family member that the church insisted on a few things for their lad, pre confirmation.

They insisted the lad had a mini alter in his bedroom and also some glow in the dark rosary beads. I can't help but feel this is really sinister and that the glow in the dark rosary beads are well thought out, young lad love glow in the dark things and they will have them under their duvet at night etc.

Am I a bit stoned and tired, or does that all seem a bit fucking odd.

It sounds a bit fucking odd alright, but that is because it isn't true :stoned:

I think the whole thing is bizarre...having been kicked out of sunday school for questioning and arguing with the nun...drug out of the confessional,physically abused and humiliated in front of the entire town for what the priest called blasphemy...

I didn't want to wear a white dress, walk down the isle and promise myself to a real live boy (man) I sure as hell wasn't going to do

it to marry a dead one (Christ)...besides they'd told me bigamy was a sin... :russian:

What a warped way of telling a kid eh?

So glow in the dark beads and an alter don't sound too bizarre

• Like 1

It sounds a bit fucking odd alright, but that is because it isn't true :stoned:

And what makes you say that? I have no reason to disbelieve the family member in question, its not UK by the way, its ROI.