Maggots

G-UNIT

I seem to have a maggot problem. I have no idea where they come from.

Do they have necks? I picked one up and then I tried breaking it's neck (?!).

All kinds of gushy white stuff came out.

How can I get rid of them?

You have a maggot problem?

Are there maggots growing on your plant?

They are the larvae of flies.

I never knew that maggots had necks?

Sound like Sciarid fly ( fungus Gnat) Yu can buy nematodes from grow shop but the charge the earth my closestshop charges £49.99 or on the net £9.99.. I have just got over an attack I tried some thing new Hypoaspsis Little darlings eat em all for me

the nematodes are called Just fungus Gnat killer By nemysys

I got the Hypoaspsis from these people

Http://www.biowise-biocontrol.co.uk(edited Bolluks looks like it is Hmmp not good at earlie mornings) :yinyang:

Sorry cant seem to get active links

they cost me about £8.50 including post And i think they do an identification service check there site bug arrived next day maggots gone no more flies in a couple after that

the great difference between Hypoaspsis ant Nematodes os that the former can live quite a few weeks without food ..

I know this should be another string but it makes you think £49.99 from grow shop £9.99 fron net for Nematodes so even without a trade discount thats £40.00

Makes me feel like I've just spent £120 quid on an ounce of 'erb da provance in sted of 'erb Da garden of eden

MS

Edited by magpieshaman

Thanks. I'll take a look at that bio bizz of yours and sniff around a little untill I find an answer or untill I start growing hemroids and lumbs of cancer by the dozen.

My maggots are getting to be a serious problem. I think I'm goinf\g to take care of them individualy, seperatly, one by one, untill I get them all done.