Stealth Grow Cupboard - Hydro 1st Grow - PHOTOS

Yahoira

My First Hydro Grow - Photographed Progress Report

Hey uk420. I've been on a few cannabis forums, but when it comes to growing research I like to stay local. At least, to the UK. I think it'll be easier to gain growing knowledge from this website as we all have the same laws, hardware stores, climates and possibilities. So this is why I'm here and I plan to stay for a good couple years with all of my future harvests. I have been smoking for a year daily, and today is actually the start of my first t-break. (Month) I'm fed up of meeting someone in the pouring rain, to spend £25 on something that is really worth £10-£15. I can hardly ever find decent quality, with legitimate weights and prices. Fuck it, I want to grow my own weed. None of this shit. I WANT SOME GOOD FREE WEED. :D

My idea..

I have decided to turn a small set of 3 drawers, into a small secret CFL grow. It's not massive, but after hours of consulting a growing friend of mine, he agrees it could work and I could achieve a tasty yield. Right, how about some pictures? :)

med_gallery_77555_5695_169734.jpg??t=95971110

med_gallery_77555_5695_27202.jpg?t=15922144

The hollowed out set of drawers are about 15 inches wide, 14 inches deep and 27 inches high. For a point of reference, my growing space will be around 1 foot squared. I plan to build my own hydro kit using some select materials. It'll take ages to explain, so once I gather resources I will show a step by step of how I make it. :) I will install a screen and do a ScRoG grow. I would like to do 4 plants and my own goal is 14g+ from each plant, because that would last me between harvests, as well as giving me some to cure for up to a year.

First thing I'll do is take all of the shit out of each drawer. Then I need to craft a door out of the 3 drawer fronts. I plan to use some plywood and nails, nothing massive. I will then sit this on two hinges, and add a Lock so it works out to be a door. :) I wont be able to do this for about a week, so in the mean time I am going to decide on other things like nutes, strains and lights.

Edit: Please share any advice, or tips. I even appreciate hate. Gives me things to work on ;) Another question, has anyone ever ScRoG'd an autoflowering strain. I don't plan to use AutoFlower because I've heard nothing but shite about them. But this grower friend of mine (Who oce turned his whole cellar into a legit sea of green) believes they would work. The only thing appetizing about them is the short 2 month growth.

Watch this space - Yahoira

Edited by Yahoira
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

like the idea, iv done the same sort of thing and it works for me.

dont forget vents and light will spill out of every gap.

good growing

• 2 months later...

Cool dude!

Yeah dont forget the intake and extraction holes plus the fact that light will leak from them, i put both of my extraction holes right at the top back with two pc fans, the lower intake hole can also be put in the back if you got the space (I didnt have the room so i put mine at bottom right side)

PC Fans wired up to a 12V DC Adapter (used to be a router power supply)

gallery_79463_6257_185770.jpg

I also put a grill in there to raise the pot above the cold air intake.

gallery_79463_6257_385429.jpg

Lights for me are LED all the way.

Check out my album for more and the best of luck to ya fellow stealh grower.

well spotted sir! ermm nope im not.

I got other factors involved to stop the smell, err, like a big stinky farty german shephard of mine....joss sticks...

aaaaargh who am i kidding?

Woke up the other night to the smell of cheese x 1000000000 lol i forgot to put my pc fans on,

normally tho with other strains that ive done i havnt had a problem...until now.....lol

Any ideas? i thought of just sticking sqaure filter panels (like hoover ones) on the back of the holes or in front of the fans?

mate they work with dust & pollen, not weed, even a big smelly german shepard rolled in fox shit wont hide the smell.

if your growing in the UK then i'd suggest that you pull the finger out & get a dedicated fan & filter pronto.

i'd also recommend a 4" ruk - rhino cf & if you can spare another £30, get a xpleair WAC1 fan controller, i know you haven't

got the space in side your cab but you can have them outside, cab-ducting-fan-ducting-filter.

Edited by Joint hogger
  • Like 2

Cheers man, Tis ok, I'll get one if i can, pretty safe where i am, (not on mainland uk lol) Surrounded by trees, trees and more trees, oh and sea. lol