Out building electrical help

onwardsandupwards666

lol wow this forum never ceases to amaze me, I offered my advice and it was seemingly ignored so what else can I do? If you look at an earlier post you can see I have offered a calculation so the total load can be calculated and then everything can be worked out based on that figure. What valid advice do you have to contribute to this thread?

Hip hip maybe you should of read the previous conversation before shooting me down, I appear to be the first sparky to offer advice, which is exactly what you proposed!

If I was the dude asking the original Q

and (him) not being qualified I'd get a sparky round to do said job. All thats needed would be a ring main.

But without a hell of a lot more info on said project it would be unwise for anyone to offer info on how to.

Personally I would not want on my head any accident or damage through my advice, hence why I'm insured up to

the neck. Be safe get an expert in and unless the out building is way off from the house it won't be that expensive.

All The Best and enjoy the hols

....Drops :yinyang:

• Like 2

Hip hip maybe you should of read the previous conversation before shooting me down, I appear to be the first sparky to offer advice, which is exactly what you proposed!

Not shooting you down mucker, just noticing a distinct charm. So happy for the OP that someone who has electrical knowledge has answered that I can now stop bumping his thread. Perhaps you would like to paraphrase it though so that the less electrically minded could understand it.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 3

Fair enough dude point taken, it's just frustrating as a spark to see sub standard info being advised when people really need accurate advice, I'm always open to offer help and advice but seems like if you ain't a long time member/groovy gang enthusiast you don't get a look In on this forum.i wish hol hip and the original poster nothing but success in this matter. Peace

*hip hip

Fair enough dude point taken, it's just frustrating as a spark to see sub standard info being advised when people really need accurate advice, I'm always open to offer help and advice but seems like if you ain't a long time member/groovy gang enthusiast you don't get a look In on this forum.i wish hol hip and the original poster nothing but success in this matter. Peace

*hip hip

It has nothing to do with any preconceived notions of any standing of membership but everything to do with the post that you put up. I care not WHO the member is, they were asking for help so I tried to assist. Perhaps the groovy gang of which so many members seem to think exists is a very private club. Singularities apply in each and every membership form. One common factor though is the ability to realise when one is wrong but to repeatedly accept no shite without due cause.

Calculate the maximum load of all your equipment in watts and divide that number by the voltage in your property( roughly 230) that will give you the current in amps. Thus value can then be used to calculate cable sizes etc. make sure you fit a contactor to switch hps lighting and protect the circuit with an RCD.

That^^ provides no indication of your trade or expertise in the subject and although in english, it is not very understandable to the Layman. Would have expected a tad more wordplay from an educated tradesman but it goes to show how misleading the interweb can be on times. So is that a succinct enough reply or do you now think again that I am somehow knocking you? Perhaps if you had read post 5 you would have seen my advice to the OP??

All the best and have a wonderful festive break.

Cheers :smokin:

PS. Fuck me, this Freddies Best is smokeable speed lol lol Wide awake @ this time doesn't bode well lol lol

• Like 1

Anybody with the relevant and appropriate knowledge or electrical systems will understand what I have written, if not they definately should not attempt to carry out any electrical work of their own and should seek professional advice.

• Like 1

Anybody with the relevant and appropriate knowledge or electrical systems will understand what I have written, if not they definately should not attempt to carry out any electrical work of their own

But the OP doesn't have 'appropriate knowledge' thats why he put up the thread!, hes already said that he isnt doing the work himself he just wanted the demand figures to pass on to the bloke who is doing the job and it was soon pointed out that 2kw will just about cover it!

Electricity isnt as hard as lots of sparks like to think! and its well within the grasp of the average DIY man unlike doing gas works etc most sparkies know fuk all im afraid to report, Ohms law is just so unrealistic!

You can get far better advice from this forum than the average sparky can offer I can tell you that for nothing

:yinyang:

• Like 1

But the OP doesn't have 'appropriate knowledge' thats why he put up the thread!, hes already said that he isnt doing the work himself he just wanted the demand figures to pass on to the bloke who is doing the job and it was soon pointed out that 2kw will just about cover it!

Electricity isnt as hard as lots of sparks like to think! and its well within the grasp of the average DIY man unlike doing gas works etc most sparkies know fuk all im afraid to report, Ohms law is just so unrealistic!

You can get far better advice from this forum than the average sparky can offer I can tell you that for nothing

Not quite sure how ohms law is unrealistic as you put it! What a strange thing to say!! And also that sparks know fuck all - very strange.

Electricity done incorrectly can be fatal or run a fire risk, both if these typically resulting from the DIY have-a-go type.

I'm starting to get fed up of posting my advice I'm trying to help the OP and all I get is shit like this - I'm actually go smacked at some of your comments. It's shows quite clearly your level of intelligence on the subject - well done davey, another one of my posts shot down without giving any useful advice yourself . Brilliant work

Right 1st up a few questions to the OP!

Is the out building attached by at least one wall to your house?

If not the out house will need its on earth rod and consumer unit, running a sub main from the fuse board in the house,

How far is it from the property of not joined? As will need to calculate how much volt drop will occur,

I'm an electrician by trade and it's no a difficult job to do just make sure it's done correctly,

And sparkeying isn't rocket science wiring a plug for example but when you get into design it's a whole differant kettle of fish much more invOlved

Edited by Gsi_Jimbo
  • Like 1

Ranting!?, go fuck yourselves

Nice lol

Sorry was ranting the wrong word? Should I have said feeling sorry for yourself?

Anyhoo, not that it matters now, your last post tells it all. :yep:

Edited by GreenFloyd
  • Like 1

If the sparky is gonna be in there chasing out and making a mess it might be a good idea to add a small radiator onto your central heating system with a TRV. If it's an attached out building and the pipework isn't too far away it wouldn't take a lot, just a couple of holes through the wall. . . Although it might be a bit suspicious why you'd want a radiator in there but just an idea.

:yep:

Edited by greatwhiteshark