My drobe

superhulme

this just proves that anybody can pick up a hammer and nails and a few power tools and make a stealthy master piece lol

the only kink ive got to sort out is the noise form the fan, but im going to get a fan controler and hopfully i can turn the fan down a bit to reduce noise to an acceptable level, i mean to be honest the noise isnt a problem for me, just my missus, she wants it controlable for when we go to bed and for when people are round.

heres some eye candy:

gallery_76592_5565_17905.jpg

gallery_76592_5565_5976.jpg

gallery_76592_5565_258817.jpg

• Like 1

Nice one mate. I used to love growing in my drobe. Nice and stealthy, and you don't have to break your back reaching around in there, like you do with tents. :ouch:

You might want to sort out those light leaks on the hinges though, before they become an issue. I suggest a strip of white/black plastic attached to the door and the side of the drobe, with enough flex to move with the door as it opens and closes.

For your noise concerns, is your fan attached by some rigid method? If so, you can cut down on the worst of the noise by suspending it with bungees to prevent vibrations being transmitted. There's tons of other things you can do to cut down on noise as well, although a fan controller is probably the best single option, provided you can still keep temps manageable with reduced airflow.

• 3 months later...

Cool looking drobe mate, yeah i agree with the dude above about the leaks from the hinges, i got round that by using that P shaped rubber strip stuff for draught excluding.

Got two drobes at mo;

First one, double, with 300W helios LED in, my prototype! lol, i wrapped the mylar around inside to stop light leaks

gallery_79463_6257_64493.jpg

Second one, single with Black jack auto in under a photon pro 240W LED, i Mylared the panels before i put it all together (flat pack cheapie)

gallery_79463_6257_125000.jpg

Gonna build a better double one to replace my prototype soon. Cant Wait. Oh and good one about speed controllers, thats a must for me as i use normal cheap kitchen extractor fans (turned the wrong way, blowing air inside the cab) and they is noisy!!! lol