not enough being done to legalize cannabis in the uk

wee_lb

lol guess i was wrong about clear judging by the responses,

Yes.

I don't really want to bang on about them due to not wanting to have your thread closed, but they are who people are referring to when they mention big egos/political infighting and such.

It is pretty obvious their dear leader has other priorities.

Anyway, a more recent activist group, NORML UK, who are a branch of the US activist group of the same name are probably a much better bet.

NORML played a big part on raising awareness in the states, and purportedly played a decent role in the way things are moving over there.

They are making the right noises, but it seems slow going at the moment, possibly largely due to the mess that the aforementioned group made has caused a lot of people to be suspicious of cannabis activism groups this side of the Atlantic.

As someone else mentioned, it is going to take massive public pressure to make the powers that be buckle and give up the lobbyist funding coming from the anti side of the argument.

now

:rofl:

When were we ever anything but?

Seriously keep seeing ur posts about help the world make it a better place on some mike jacko ish if we don't make a change about how cannabis is seen then who will we all now about starving kids in Africa we see adverts and charity's etc its abit out if our grasp to directly help these kids presides sending money to charity's and even then who nos where that's going ( the fat bloke doing voice over for advert) lol

If I could understand a single word of that, I might respond to it :unsure:lol

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 4

Until the power elite decide it will be legal nothing will happen. Give it a few years of American decriminalisation and we might start to see relaxation here but petitions wont change owt.

• Like 2

even if the laws are relaxed in the UK, it definitely wont be before those cunts work out how to milk it for every pound note they can, the government have had professional after professional telling them the good canna can do, over 40 years worth of clear evidence put forward regarding cannas useful points/applications, (from medicine, cloths and building material, right through to using whole fields full of growing plants to filter radiation from the soil successfully) that far, far, outweighs any ill affects that might arise from the use of it, imo, if the governmental penny hasn't dropped by now, its for 1 reason, they haven't worked out how to successfully TAX home/medical/hobby growers!

dj....

• Like 2

i cant imagine many cannabis smokers give a fuck about its legality, i sure dont.

I think there are a lot that do. I certainly do.

I'm prepared to take the risk, as is every grower here; but I don't think that translates in to not giving a fuck.

I'm just a realist. Realistic enough to know there is very little chance of anything changing anytime soon. Realistic enough to know that I don't want to put my head above the parapit so I'll just keep growing and smoking whilst supporting others who feel they do have a voice and a chance to change something

• Like 1

Yes.

I don't really want to bang on about them due to not wanting to have your thread closed, but they are who people are referring to when they mention big egos/political infighting and such.

It is pretty obvious their dear leader has other priorities.

Anyway, a more recent activist group, NORML UK, who are a branch of the US activist group of the same name are probably a much better bet.

NORML played a big part on raising awareness in the states, and purportedly played a decent role in the way things are moving over there.

They are making the right noises, but it seems slow going at the moment, possibly largely due to the mess that the aforementioned group made has caused a lot of people to be suspicious of cannabis activism groups this side of the Atlantic.

As someone else mentioned, it is going to take massive public pressure to make the powers that be buckle and give up the lobbyist funding coming from the anti side of the argument.

NORML have been very careful here who they´ve taken onboard. There are a few people on their board who used to be on Clear´s before the whole Peter Reynolds´debarcle. Some of them have already demonstrated outside of NORML that they are very competant activists, Sarah McCulloch particularly.

I think they are in very good hands and have a bright future here.

• Like 2

Guest grandad

one thing for sure is not may growers will go around banging a drum, you cant be both activist and grower, so just sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

• Like 1

. Seriously keep seeing ur posts about help the world make it a better place on some mike jacko ish if we don't make a change about how cannabis is seen then who will we all now about starving kids in Africa we see adverts and charity's etc its abit out if our grasp to directly help these kids presides sending money to charity's and even then who nos where that's going ( the fat bloke doing voice over for advert) lol

if you write him a nice letter at school santa may bring you some commas and full stops, but only if you've been good.

• Like 4

you cant be both activist and grower

It depends on how you define activism.

I remember a post by Arnold Layne from quite a while ago that struck a chord with me, where he talked about the pleasure of teaching someone to grow. That to me is activism at it's best, and worth far more than sticking your name on some petition somewhere, or poncing around London waving a sign.

I have no disdain for traditional activists, but in the case of weed I think that ignoring the law and just getting on with it, and encouraging others to do the same, is the most effective form of activism we have. Those in charge have already demonstrated that they are not receptive to our arguments, no matter how rational they may be.

In this sense, I agree with your post about not giving a fuck about the laws. If I had the opportunity, I would make weed legal tomorrow, but i'm not going to beg for the privilege. They know all the arguments already, and they don't give a flying fuck.

• Like 9

It depends on how you define activism.

I remember a post by Arnold Layne from quite a while ago that struck a chord with me, where he talked about the pleasure of teaching someone to grow. That to me is activism at it's best, and worth far more than sticking your name on some petition somewhere, or poncing around London waving a sign.

I have no disdain for traditional activists, but in the case of weed I think that ignoring the law and just getting on with it, and encouraging others to do the same, is the most effective form of activism we have.

Amen to that brother :yep:

Edited by wigwag

I helped write the Norml UK opening materials, which is why (abandoning all modesty) they are harder hitting than previous attempts to articulate cannabis users real interests. We are not going to get anywhere until people stop talking about legalising cannabis - that's the whole problem, the very words are part of the prohibitionist mindset. most people have been duped into thinking law can control objects (illegal drug for example) - it does not, it controls the person with respect to objects, the objects are not illegal themselves - the distinction is totally responsible for the depersonalisation of the real issue, the censorship of human consciousness. Drugs have no moral agency thus using the wrong language reverses the paradigm from outcome-based to an indivisible illegality irrespective of actual negative consequences.

• Like 10

I helped write the Norml UK opening materials, which is why (abandoning all modesty) they are harder hitting than previous attempts to articulate cannabis users real interests. We are not going to get anywhere until people stop talking about legalising cannabis - that's the whole problem, the very words are part of the prohibitionist mindset. most people have been duped into thinking law can control objects (illegal drug for example) - it does not, it controls the person with respect to objects, the objects are not illegal themselves - the distinction is totally responsible for the depersonalisation of the real issue, the censorship of human consciousness. Drugs have no moral agency thus using the wrong language reverses the paradigm from outcome-based to an indivisible illegality irrespective of actual negative consequences.

Inspiring!