Temps Too High!!!

HukD on Cronik

Hi,

I am starting off my first grow like this:

Stealth Mini-Fridge Grow (Four holes have been cut in the back, with a 2 ft. fan blowing in the back through the holes)

3x 30w fluoros (2 red, 1 blue)

Just growing 1 plant which is still only about 2 inches, and about 3 weeks old.

(also wondering if its okay to put straight into flowering from here [feminised])

Problem: When I leave my lights on, over night, for about 8 hrs. the temp reads about 100(f), but I think it may be a bit of a false reading. Keeping this grow stealth, I am going to get a fan to put inside my fridge. But as a temporary solution for tonight, or until a fan is available, is there anything I can do (household items, etc.) to cool it down? Maybe a box of Ice?

Thanks,

Cronik

post-6373-1098833351.gif

Edited by HukD on Cronik

Hi Cronik,

Welcome to the boards,

To keep your temps down you really need to suck air out and have a passive intake in.

Just blowing air around on the outside of your grow will not help.

With just 90 watts of lighting burning and one plant you may get away with a shower type extracter althought hey aren't particularly quiet.

You could probably remove the glass screen to enable max circulation too.

Regarding a temporary solution to your temp problem, is it not possible to leave the door open? You didn't say what size your mini-fridge was.

I wouldn't put a seedling straight into flower at the size you say your seedling is. I think it is usual to let them mature a little and show sex first.

Just because it is feminised doesn't mean that is what you'll get and they normally show pre-flowers at about 5 weeks in veg all being well with conditions.

Hope this helps,

Bu.

Thanks Bu.

The thing is it IS a female for sure, because I got it from a friend who was doing an experiment with it by putting it straight into flower, so I guess my new question is... is it too late to put into veg? I hope not :spliff:

Thanks,

Cronik

Thanks Bu.

The thing is it IS a female for sure, because I got it from a friend who was doing an experiment with it by putting it straight into flower, so I guess my new question is... is it too late to put into veg? I hope not :spliff:

Thanks,

Cronik

Hi Cronik,

If you put the seedling back to 24 hour lighting it will revert to a vegetative state and then switch to 18/6 once you see lush new growth and keep this going 'til you are ready to switch your lights to 12/12 to induce flowering.

Folks here re-veg full term ladies for a second flush of bud.

Remember how much stretch you will get when Flowering will depend on genes but leave up to 2.5- 3 times the height of your lady when you started 12/12 for stretch.

Do you know what strain you have? 100% Indica hopefully with the grow you describe as stretch could become a real issue.

Bring on the pics.

Bu.

Edited by Buddha

Stealth Mini-Fridge Grow...........

Problem: When I leave my lights on, over night, for about 8 hrs.  the temp reads about 100(f), ................ But as a temporary solution for tonight, or until a fan is available, is there anything I can do (household items, etc.) to cool it down?  Maybe a box of Ice?

253226[/snapback]

ok this mite b a really stupid idea but have u thought about turning the fridge on?

what i was thinking was u have the light on a timer yeah? plug 1 of them 4 socket extention leads into that then plug the light into that, in 1 of the other holes plug a digi timer set to come on for a couple of mins every hr (aint got a clue how long it shud come on for so thats a wild guess) so that while the lights on the fridge will come on and cool the grow for a coupple of mins but wont come on when the light isnt on.

just an idea and u wud have to work out the timings and i am quite stoned at the mo so please nobody quote this post as i may wanna sneak back tomorow and delete it.

Thanks Wylde 1 + Bu

Benitezwashere helped me out, and we got the temps down, by adding a few more holes, and better extraction :yinyang:

The plants I have right now are: KC33xBrazil, and Jack Herer (is this a hard strain to start out with for a beginner?)

Thanks for all the replys,

Cronik