Humidity

doofer

Having another problem here so any help much appreciated. I have a 6x6x6 grow area with a 6" rvk extractor, suitable carbon filter and 2 passive air intakes running 24/7 in a basement. The trouble is that at night, the humidity rises to approx 85-90%. During the day, the humidity is at about 50% so not too bad. Any ideas on how to get these nightly levels lower?

hi there doofer !

is the cellar damp ? if so you maybe sucking damp air in .do you run your lights overnight ?the two of these combined damp air getting warmed etc ??????i used to have a cellar that was damp to the point of mold .

peppi :realcool:

Are your passive intakes adequate? They should be 5 times the size of your extractor. So you should have at minimum 5 6inch holes as passive intakes...

:realcool:

when the lights are off u can run a dehumidifier and this would help with the high humidity and help you to steer clear of the dreaded budrot,or like gw said look to get more air flow. :realcool:

hi doofer,

if you raise the temperature of the room when the lights are off your relative humidity will drop .

i had the same problem a few years ago i was pulling in loads of (relatively) wet cold air with a massive 9" fan in a 1m sq. box ....things improved when i slowed the fan down , put it on a timer and put a greenhose heater in the g/r ,humidity dropped by 30/40%

cf

The cellar is pretty damp but the grow area has been dry lined. At the moment i have two 5" passive air takes and i thought this would be adequate. Maybe add another couple of passive intakes and maybe utilise the heater option over night. Any other suggestions? Thanks for all the help.