Need Ventilation Advice

Guest jigsaw

Guest Tmontana

hello everybody,im just about to buy an exhaust fan and need some advice. Vlad and OT1 if you read this id really like your opinion!

ok....growroom is 6ft high,3ft long and 2 ft wide! for the last grow i had a 400w HPS in there but my jani's were baking. was recently thinking of the 4 lamp enviros reflector but its too long for the GR so im sticking with the 400w HPS.

ive read loads of stuff on this site about the TD range of fans and the RVK range and am not sure what fan to get, i need the fan not only to exhause stale air but to cool temps too.bare in mind that I will be using around1.5 meters of ducting going from the GR to the outside window,im saying this coz i know that ducting reduces the performance of your fan.

you know them "Z" shape vents that you can buy from the net(i wont mention the website)well i was thinking of using 2 of them as a passive intake, can you tell me if this will be enough because i havnt really got the money for an intake fan too.

so basically can someone recommend a fan that will suit my needs and that will take a carbon filter.

all ideas and comments very welcome, cheers everybody

Montana

You can get the fan from right here :yinyang: ...

I'de go for at least a 5in fan, apparently it's said that your passive intake should be 5x the size of the extractor.

Personally i've never had it that big and have never suffered.....

RAZ

I'd go with Raz's suggestion of the 5" job from the uk420 shop - make sure you extract from the highest point of the room, and the intake should be 5 times the area of the fan...... at this time of the morning, you can do the maths! :yinyang:

Tmontana .. i just purchased a 4 lite reflector from HERE

they said its 65cm x49cmx10cm so that should fit in your grow room fine :)

Im personally going to use a 100mm ruck rs100 and carbon filter for extraction and a standard size vent for intake - this is more than adequet for my grow room 3ftx3ft x 5ft2" high, but purchased it incase i move to the loft later next year..

hi t

id go for a 6'' fan myself,a 5'' will do the biz but if it gets realy hot out side you have that bit extra,you know what I mean?the last thing you want is a fucked up crop!!! hope this is of use.

goodshit :)

Guest Tmontana

hello all, cheers for all your comments, ill go for the 5" or 6" froim the uk420 store, hope this keeps my temps ok!

ill let yez know how i get on

Montana