The great experiment

Arnold Layne

yes, it will be fun when I get started. I just ordered Adventure mix and ice from Nirvana, so it looks like I will be starting next week sometime.

I am looking into using my fish water waste for fert and have left a note over at cannabis world for breeder steve - this may save me some cash and being Scottish that would please me v. much ::angry:: :angry:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arnold Layne

• Bish

• penfold911

• ICaneBud

Higha Fred

Yes I too have changed a fair old bit. But this Bio-Bizz Allmix is great so far! I am using the Light mix for clone rooting and seeds, but its Allmix from the time they are rooted. Fun, isnt it!

:oldtoker:

Fun and a wee bit exiting with a bit off danger lobbed in :oldtoker: .

I am just sitting here - ordered my seeds by special delivery from gyspy yesterday........Monday (after they do their yearly gas inspection) the REAL FUN BEGINS FOR ME........CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! :D:woot::)

#

Damn, I already answered that..still getting used to the boards.....

• 1 month later...

Update.02

Still thoroughly impressed with "All-mix" and "Bio-Bloom". At the moment the flowering chamber is 50/50 JI.3/Bio-Bloom and All-Mix/Bio-Bloom.

Guess which is the best? The All-Mix, by a country mile and then some.

Even my aged Skunk No.1, with whom both the GF and me have a strong bond of affection, has shed her age and is currently looking stronger and healthier than she has for her whole 5 years!

The taste, using Bio-Bloom, is wonderful; and the smoke is smooth and gently on the throat. It will be interesting to compare taste & smoke when the All-Mix plants come through in about 3.5 weeks time.

I have ditched the "Light-mix" however, as clones seem to prefer to go straight into "All-mix". Anyone else found this? Seedlings were also quick to run out of food in the "Light-mix". So they too now go straight into 6" pots of "All-mix".

Next update in a month or so, when I can report on a full comparison between two identical clone sisters, one in JI.3, the other in All-mix.

Happy Growing peeps!

I am also growing in BioBizz All-Mix for the first time and now that I am into 12/12, using Bio-Bloom as well. I must say the results so far have been fantastic. All plants are lush and healthy.

Nearly 4 weeks into 12/12 and they are starting to put on some serious bud weight, with beautiful crystals appearing everywhere lol

Mine is far from scientific, as all this is happening in a completely new and improved grow room. If the results I get are as good as I am expecting, then I don't think I will change a thing on the next grow, besides a few different strains.

I have also taken Ot1's advice and am flowering under a MH instead of HPS .... looking forward to see what the potency is like.

Thanks to all, Ot1 especially, for the brilliant information posted on these forums .... it really has made all the difference! :oldtoker:

Peace

SC

Hmmm, the more i hear about all mix, the more i am tempted to have a crack at a soil based grow again. We'll see.

Anyways, Good stuff Arnie.

Chip

One thing I forgot to mention....

The smell in my GR is much more "cannabis" and much less "Skunk", if that makes any sense at all!

• 1 month later...

I have just started growing again after a break of 18 years!

First grow was in the B&Q organic compost which looks good but seems to be low in nutrients.

I added blood, fish and bone mixture, some Vitax chicken manure and ~20% coarse sand.

The chicken shit is very strong and I may have overdone it slightly.

My neighbour has used the B&Q for various legal plants and was not impressed.

Now I am starting my second grow. Seeds have germed and are under fluoros.

I intend to try my own compost which will be a mix of peat (not from SSI's), loam from composted turf and sand.

I will add some blood fish and bone to this.

B&Q also sell some organic liquid fert which I will try.

The loam was sterilised by putting it in a large pyrex dish and microwaving it for 5 mins.

This killed all the weed sprouts and crawling beasties.

In the interest of science I will report my progress.

Peace,

Sid..

Arnold, apologies if I've missed your update somwhere, but its been nigh on 2 months since the one above. Are you still a fan of the All-Mix / Bio-Bloom combination? Recommend it to newbies?

Thanks for the prompt Labrat!

Yes, still extremely happy with the All-nix, I have, however, ditched the light mix as clones and seeds alike are quite OK in the All-mix.

The only problem so far encountered is a slight nutrient deficiency after vegging for about 5 or 6 weeks - but that is surely to be expected.

Would also recommend mixing the Gro and Bloom, as the Bllom is quite low in N, a fact not to the liking of all plants.

So yes, a big thumbs up to Bio-Bizz from me. Yields are now rising back to their expected norms, vegging is very much improved. Also, All-mix is very light, physically. That makes it a real treat for bad-back peeps like myself. It only weighs a fraction of John Innes.

I would also highly recommend "Buzz-off", Bio-Bizz's answer to the pest problem. A real deterrant/killer.

On the taste front - WOW!

Potency - the same.

Many thanks, thats another detail sorted for me then. Hey! Its all beginning to fall into place.

Now, where did I put that hammer and chisel .....

B)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I am in the middle of seting up my grow and have my vegging room ready, so was looking into the soil mix to use. Is it still thumbs up for the all mix? Do you add anything to the allmix?

Thanks

High Penfold,

Yes, All-mix still has the thumbs up. The only thing to add is Nutrients when needed, keeping an eye on mg deficiency, which should be treated with Epsom Salts.