1st Grow Room...

b0unty

Now that we're in our own place (rented) I want to get a grow room sorted and get on the way to self sufficiency!!

Money's a bit tight atm as me and the missus were both made redundant a day apart :(

I've been looking at various different setups as far as lighting/extraction go.

Ideally I think I want to run either a 250w or 400w HPS with a 4" fan and carbon filter.

Was tempted to do a wardrobe grow to save buying a tent but I've found one on evilbay (I know a lot of people dont like buying this stuff from evilbay for security reasons/quality etc).

"120x120x200 Grow Tent = made from strong black canvas with steel frame lined with only the best lightproof fabric with double mylar inside for mega plant growth. With vent holes for extractor fans upto 200mm

100mm Extractor Fan set with carbon filter for clean air = Model Turbo100 Extractor Fan & Carbon filter & 4m silver Ducting pipe & 3qty Duct Clips (a wire and plug will need fitting to the extractor, easy diy)

600w Complete grow light set with = 600w HPS Lamp & Reflector & 600w Power ballast (ready to plug and grow!)

Easy budda light roller hangers

THEROMETER

TIMER BY PLUG AND GROW"

But for £180, is it worth it? I cant see myself being able to get a decent little setup for less, and as this will be my first grow, I'll undoubtedly be upgrading my kit in the future.

Any help A.S.A.P would be GREATLY appreciated guys!! :)

I want to get on the road to self sufficiency as soon as I possibly can

Edited by b0unty

Cheap tents have a notorious reputation for "off gassing" google it, or you can even read about it on a few threads up here... I'm not saying the most expensive one is the way to go, but even with this piece of kit there's a trade off on the price you pay.

Cheers for the info Podgy :)

Im now looking at 125w cfl's with a reflector and a smaller growing space as I've noticed our bathroom cabinet looks a nice size for growing in, also there a couple of cheap units in IKEA etc that I could use, as well as some other bits I have. This would be much better for stealth ;) (rented flat).