What happens after you die?

Putrid

What do you think?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't care really it's this life that people should be concentrating on not a afterlife stuffed with virgins. But my take on death is you close your eyes and go to sleep and don't wake up. No white lights no pearly gates just sleep and after a long happy life we have earned it eh ;)

:yinyang:

But my take on death is you close your eyes and go to sleep and don't wake up

I really truly hope that this describes the death you experience.

Most of us, however, will got out in a blaze agony and great distress. Sorry. Seen too many folks die.....

... shuffling off this mortal coil ...

I never could see the "thing" with Shakespeare. I find him utterly incomprehensible and dreary myself.

:wassnnme:

Only teasing Arnold :yinyang:

LSD

• Like 1

Most of us, however, will got out in a blaze agony and great distress. Sorry. Seen too many folks die.....

Thanks Arnie lol, i`m off to the allotment in a bit, i wonder how many people die there

e2a, If the earth is destroyed by a nomad plant drifting through the cosmos and everyone dies at once, and it`s a given than the after life exists, will the production of new souls cease? after all, there will be nowhere for them to grow up!

Edited by ratdog

The answer to the question depends, I think, on what you consider a human being to be made up of, either a mushy bag of (barely) socially controlled animalist impulses, or a spiritual entity, on this plane of solid matter to experience and grow for some other purpose. Somewhere between the two I think?

Anyone of you who have used psychedelics knows the world we see through our ego is limited, there is a wealth of evidence from many cultures regarding the existence of an "afterlife." The Tibetan book of the dead provides a pretty comprehensive roadmap of the journey your conciousness will take at the point of physical death, and Terence Mckenna speaks of his shared DMT trips with some Buddhists who verified that the DMT experience is about as far as you can go into the other realms without physical death.

Many Lamas reincarnate in specific places at specific times, the Dalai Lamas are the most famous examples of this, and the newly reincarnated Lama is tested with the utmost stringency to make sure they are who they appear to be, the spiritual wellbeing of a nation being dependent on it!

My personal belief, which I concede I have constructed from books read, and experiences working with the dying in care homes and the like, is that we are here to grow and develop our conciousness, life on Earth being a kind of working holiday, where we go afterwards and why I wouldn't like to speculate , other than this is perhaps part of a greater journey.

The lack of empirical evidence doesn't bother me in the slightest, when dealing with topics like this we are peering into a dark cave, the candle will be lit for us at death...and if isn't...no loss going through life trying to be kind.

• Like 5

the dieing process is just like going to sleep,whilst asleep you are like a corpse,and you enter the dream state where depending on youre karma youre dreams are good or bad.as they say life is but a dream,this world can seem so crazy sometimes i think dreams can seem more realistic.at death youre mind is separated from youre body,instead of the dream realm you enter the bardo states.many meditation masters greet death with ease as they are prepared for it.everyone is born equal,and we all die equal.we bring nothing with us,and take nothing with us except the imprints on our minds.human life is suffering,there is no true happiness in external objects,only changing or pervasive suffering.old age sickness and death we can be sure of,having to put up with what we do not like etc.life is like living in a thorn bush,no matter which way we turn another thorn pierces our flesh.the kindness of living beings is amazing,amongst all the suffering we are born into a world with nothing,yet we are given food,shelter,clothes and we are tenderly nursed by our mother for years.without other living beings we would be nothing,everything we have is supplied by others,cars,houses,food,curtains,parks etc etc.we are all interconnected in a web of kindness from which it is impossible to escape. :smokin:

But my take on death is you close your eyes and go to sleep and don't wake up

I really truly hope that this describes the death you experience.

My quote is meant at the point of death Arnold I'm not trying to say it wasn't a painful one just at the end I believe that's what happens. :yinyang:

i think when my body is dead its dead but not sure about my consciousness if you close your eyes and imagine you have no body just a consciousness floating in darkness its pretty easy but if you try to imagine you have no conscious mind its impossible so they must be two diffrent things when one dies im sure the other will continue when you see the light at the end of the tunnel that is the light of new life but how your consciousness will interpret this is a mystery................. yes iv been smoking high grade shit

• Like 1

IMO you get one chance. This life is not preparation for second chance for something/somewhere better, or something more easy to understand. As soon as your brain stops firing, you and everything you are has gone. Your chance is over. It's time for something else to use your constituent parts. The more people worry or concern themselves with life or something after death, the less good gets done in this one.

• Like 3

As has been said, energy cannot be destroyed or cease to exist, it can only change form and as our life force is energy when we die that energy has to do something. It’s interesting to know that at the moment of death there is release of DMT from the pineal gland in the centre of our brains and having had a fair bit of experienced synthetic DMT it's a wondrous thought to think that is where my life force goes, to that infinitely complex and so beautiful DMT world.

I believe there are many realms that exist all around us; they are just at different frequencies,

• Like 1