Wildlife on weed

Punta Roja

Guest EvilMouse

Lovely little birds.

I went to a plot the other night and as I started to look over one of the ladies a tiny little bird flew out! Never saw what it was but it would of either been a wren, a fire crest or a gold crest. All beautiful little birds. Using my ganja plant as a roosting station! lol

• Like 4

^I remember there was a photo on here where someone had a big plant and there was an actual nest in the branches. :)

I've tried looking for it again but couldn't find it, anyone else remember it and who uploaded it?

maybe I can entice him in even closer next time?

Try some mealworms from the petshop Dan,thats what I use to entice them close.

I was sitting amongst some plants just after dawn this morning,a could hear a flock of parakeets in a high state of panic,a buzzard came over the plot and plonked down in a gnarled old oak tree maybe 50-60 yards away with a gang of parakeets giving it verbal hassle squawking in a frenzy,I got my video camera out of the bag but as I rummaged for the external microphone and cables it caught my movements and vanished with the parakeets in hot pursuit.

• Like 2

Guest EvilMouse

lol Good stuff! A good ol mobbing.

The swallows will also do that to sparrowhawks and other birds of prey if they turn up looking for a meal.

The swallows willl be getting ready to migrate back to africa over the next couple of weeks. You'll see them all starting to line up on telephone wires etc, getting ready to head off. Little warriors!

Them parakeets are everywhere in amsterdam as well. Are you talking about the green ones?

• Like 1

Are you talking about the green ones?

There are thousands of ring-necked parakeets around here mate,we call them green pigeons,I have seen one in the past being pursued by a sparrow-hawk,incredibly fast flight,sadly I didnt see the culmination.

• Like 2

Today's bugs on buds.......

gallery_73884_4850_37367.jpg

Good to see the old pest control crew still hanging around......

gallery_73884_4850_57509.jpg

gallery_73884_4850_43639.jpg

gallery_73884_4850_32782.jpg

If anyone knows what purpose wasps have on the planet then i'm interested to hear it. Haven't been stung this year but i get stung at least once a year so there's still time yet lol.

They're predators, they kill things and keep their population numbers down.

Guest EvilMouse

I'm a lover of most insects and animals. But i will kill a wasp. Eye for eye. If he's willing to sting me for absolutely no reason then i'm prepared to wipe him out.

• Like 1

I'm a lover of most insects and animals. But i will kill a wasp. Eye for eye. If he's willing to sting me for absolutely no reason then i'm prepared to wipe him out.

I cant stand the little stripey pricks, I've painted my bedroom yellow and the fuckers are flying in all the time now. One wasp out smarted me when I was shooting at it with a bb gun, landed on a cfl... Cost me a tenner that did :down:

• Like 3

I cant stand the little stripey pricks

Fear not,for scientists predict we are expecting Asian Hornets to set up home in the UK very,very soon,they are four times the size of wasps,they can kill 50 bees in a minute(I kid you not,they raid hives) and attack and eat wasps,oh yeah and they can fly 60 miles in a day :fear:

• Like 4

Fear not,for scientists predict we are expecting Asian Hornets to set up home in the UK very,very soon,they are four times the size of wasps,they can kill 50 bees in a minute(I kid you not,they raid hives) and attack and eat wasps,oh yeah and they can fly 60 miles in a day :fear:

We've had some here in the south east since last year :fear:

• Like 1

Try some mealworms from the petshop Dan,thats what I use to entice them close.

I was sitting amongst some plants just after dawn this morning,a could hear a flock of parakeets in a high state of panic,a buzzard came over the plot and plonked down in a gnarled old oak tree maybe 50-60 yards away with a gang of parakeets giving it verbal hassle squawking in a frenzy,I got my video camera out of the bag but' as I rummaged for the external microphone and cables it caught my movements and vanished with the parakeets in hot pursuit.

Thats a good idea BP I think meal worm might do the trick and get him closer, I'll have him eating out the palm of my hand ;)

We see all the wild life in this game. I think its funny when your in a plot and a Pigeon comes hurtling past at full speed, see's you right at the last moment, shits its self and fly's away again at a different angle. It sort of happens in a big old flapping fashion lol [if you know what I mean] always puts a smile on my face that lol

• Like 1