Need Advice On Out Door Growing

hydro-man

Hi all,

i got a mate who grows in a greenhouse in there garden (once a year), and they are getting piss poor results, no thc, need to advise them but im a hydro man so aint got a clue.

so can anyone tell what they should use in the way of

pots?

soil?

food?

and anthing else of value wodd be appretiated,

cheers all.

hydro-man.

;)

:blub:

lo H M

it would be handy if we could

have info on strains

i have found the most common mistake

is that an indoor strain is growing outdoor

if they get the plants up then they are doing summat rite

bit more info plz ..

;) P.G.T

Hey there Hydro,

PGT has already raised an important issue with growing in the great outdoors. If the beans ain't right then there will be little bud in sight. Its really important that an appropriate strain is grown, the results will be far superior. best ones to look out for are early finishing sativas as these have nice tight small buds and flower quickly. this mean sthey get the best of the sun in flowering and chances of mould are smaller than if growing some fat cola'd indica (like powerplant)

In answer to your questions concerning pots etc..

Pots - It really depends on how big your plant is going to be allowed to grow to. Personally I love outdoor grows for the plants un-earthly size! This is obviously best achieved in a large pot. The bigger the better, this gives the roots more space and generally allows the plant to grow much larger.

Soil - Again it really depends on preference. Organic/Non-Organic? I like to use the best compost I can get my hands on, hopefully Allmix. But John Innes will suffice. This is not essential as they could be grown in dirt and fed regularly but I believe that nnutrients already in the soil is better than having to add your own.

Food - If you have used top quality compost then I try to get by on using as little as possible. But usually a good dose of BioBizz works wonders, and they love it. I have heard of many successfull grows using a variety of feeds though, from chicken shit to miracle grow.

I feel it is unlikely that these variables are the cause of your friends problems. A good outdoor strain should be able to do well in most situations, even very poor conditions. Perhaps it is something else causing bad results, what time do they plant out? Would I be correct in assuming the greenhouse receives good, direct light all day?

Hope I have helped a little bit,

-M

Where is the light coming from, full sun? or semi shaded?

The seed variety is all important, must be out door variety.

The other factors come into play like soil/compost

Feeding

pest control

disease control.

Good luck to him, but prepartion is paramount.

:angel: