Misty

dooda1999

Jus wondering if anyone can tell me about the strain Misty? Got my seeds at the cannabis march in london, (from a proper seed bank stall) but i was realllly stoned when the guy told me what i wanted and i don't have much memory of the day. An army of stoners blazing it up infront, upfront and in public...there is hope!

• 1 month later...

From Homegrown Fantaseeds, right? I bought this strain from the shop itself in Amsterdam in '98 (I think the strain has gone through a couple of breedings since then). The guy in the shop was a diamond geezer and I ended up sitting there with him while we chatted about all sorts of grow shit, whilst he freely shared some freshly pressed (in his shoe) nederhash and some buds from new genetics that he hadn't even named at the time! The plants were fuckin' A - indica genetics, dark blue-green leaf, very dense buds, covered in crystal with a real heavy yet pleasant stone. Good for SOG. They weren't even that expensive!

I'd say you're in for a treat fella!  :D

hi dooda

this is what i found on the strainbase about misty:

Misty (a supposed sister of WW) is thought by many to be a just one of the many different genetic

incarnations of WW, It is said to be a much more stable variation of the WW line. - Prince Caspian

Misty seeds are strong variety. Short leaves, light green, strong bud, big clusters and very resinous... smells

sweet, and grows very fast. 4 weeks until flowering, 8-9 weeks for full flowering. -aviyam

On a smoking excursion to Amsterdam last September I got a chance to sample Misty as well as da Widow,

and see both side by side. They look almost exactly the same, side by side, under intense light. One could

easily think they came from the same plant.

I saw this in person at Positronics as somebody was trying to sell the Skunkmaster some Widow as I was

standing there, and he compared it to some Misty (the house special) I had just purchased in the smoke

room in back. The Misty is a *fairly* strong plant in my opinion, about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. Equivalent to

a good Northern Lights in potency. The Widow, maybe a little higher but still not great. This is just my

opinion of course. -SonOfLights

10 seeds were ordered from Jocks and all but one germinated using the old paper towel. Germinated seeds

were then planted in rockwool cubes and all 9 sprouted. Last week when I saw them they were about 3-4"

tall under flouros with 2 lagging behind. (They looked healthy I just think they were the late sprouts.) They

were all working on their 4th node. I forgot how old but I would guess around 12 days. Even at this short

height about 4 of them were showing good branching characteristics. -Ratchet

"Misty from Homegrown Fantaseeds. It was real easy to grow. Yielded over 2 oz. per sq.' under a 250!!!

Tastes sweet like sugar. Connoisseur quality cannabis. Best I've had. Chronic from Serious is great too

yields even better than Misty.

The Misty is really sweet. Chunky thick bright green nugs with little delicate deep orange hairs. Lots of bud

mass in the Misty. The Nugs are really fucking green. They're very sticky, and have a taste that is sweet but

VERY powerful. This shit knocks you on your ass, and it stinks. The kind of shit you keep smelling in the

car when I've got a 1/4 in my backpack in the trunk. Yield is way better than average, but not as good as

Chronic.

I've seen half once single stalk 3-footers that were flowered at 6"-8". A joint is soaked through with resin

before you're half way into it. Split a modest one with a friend and you'll be in Oz for hours. 2 modest bong

hits or one mother load will put you on your back. If you want more info on Misty check out the

Homegrown Fantaseeds web site. Misty was the key ingredient in White Widow, and although I've heard

that anything in the WW family is probably unstable, of the 7 Misty seeds I started there were no major

growth pattern, color, or even size variations.

Misty is definitely the better choice unless your #1 concern is yield, and don't get me wrong yield for Misty

is BIG. I don't have the link anymore for homegrown, but I'm sure it's easy enough to find. Misty is

definitely amongst my 3 favorites, but I haven't tried a lot of the new stuff. My number one so far has been

NL5xHaze, and number 2 is either misty or blueberry. -Skywalker

...AK-47 from Serious Seeds, and Misty from Homegrown Fantaseeds were both KILLER. Both the AK

and the Misty have a great yield, and a knock you on your ass stoned to the bone. I like the sweet taste and

sheer power of the Misty the best personally. -KITSCY DUB

you could also do a search on www.overgrow.com and see if anyone overthere has grown it.

good luck

gusto