Mylar

The Itinerant Shrubber

Where do I get the stuff?I've searched the forum and even Googled it to no avail.

What else could be used instead?

Where do I get the stuff?I've searched the forum and even Googled it to no avail.

What else could be used instead?

244505[/snapback]

White MATT paint is better :wassnnme:

And he says -

I contend that mirrors can be an excellent reflector for your grow room and have a few advantages over Mylar, including durability and a reduced chance of causing hot spots.

Proof? What a load of ole cobblers.

Mylar wins hands down.

I used MATT white paint when i first built my grow room - i have mylar in there now & it's far better at reflecting light than paint.

Edited by Bish

Gotta agree with Bish lol ....

And Map, you need to read your insert again mate... :smoke:

Flat white paint =620 lux.

Brand new mylar=400-1000 lux.

Mylar wins hands down.........

Edited by RAZ

So in a mirror, the light has to pass through the glass, strike the reflective material and return through the glass. I fail to see how this could be more efficient than Mylar, which is reflective material without the glass.

get the white backed mylar if u can.£2 a meter more but stacks better and its more robust. lol

244534[/snapback]

£2 a meter more than mylar ? lol

we have white backed mylar (Reflectagrow) and its only £2.75 a meter here lol

matt white paint isn't better than mylar but its only about 3-4 % less reflective.

edit to add, dont go looking in the store for it, its not there :smoke:

pm if you want some ;)

joolz its £4.50 a meter in our local growshop lol  i'll know where to get it in future. :smoke:

245845[/snapback]

Joolz is cheaper on most products he sells, thats why if it's available here I get it from here lol ....

RAZ

joolz its £4.50 a meter in our local growshop lol  i'll know where to get it in future. :smoke:

245845[/snapback]

I know how much it is in 'growshops' lol

If you don't see what you want in the store then pm me, I can probably get it lol

The conclusion from the link i gave was that mylar was unsuitable not because it didn't reflect alot of light but because it is inconsistent hence the 400-1000 white paint on the other hand diffuses light.

Also i wasn't advocating mirrors altho they CAN be used its all in the link i gave, its called science lol .

Mylar is a waste of money it will not increase your yeild but it will cost you loads to find that out.