Organic Think Different

Tresh3

Hello to all!

This is going to be my first diary, and also my first fully-indoor attempt!

My kit is:

DR60 Tent, with 3 passive out takes (and 2 side flaps to open if more is needed)

4" Prima Klima CF hooked up to a 4" Can Fan (Green's budget package)

High Output CFL reflector, I have both spectrums of light, both 250w + some additional 21w cfl's if needs be.

Nutes:

Plant Magic OT grow + bloom

Plant Magic Biosillicon (hoping this is as good as people make it out to be - not the cheapest additive on offer!)

Blackstrap Molasses

Fish/Blood/Bone mix from wilkis

I will be using an 'air pot' as I have read many great things about these. The concept is that the roots are drawn towards the holes which line the pot, and then killed by light, so they are constantly being 'pruned' while new ones are being created. There is also an increased amount of oxygen available to the roots.

I currently have 1 seed germing in a shot glass (didnt want to risk germing 2 because ive seen how big these babies get!)

If I can pull over 2oz dry off this girl then it will be more than enough to last me over the festive periods as I only tend to smoke later in the evenings/night. This is my first auto grow, the plants I was originally growing were photoperiod, and if the smoke is as good as people say, then I think I might invest in some AutoMazar or Taiga for the next go round!

Any questions/advice will be nice and I hope some people join in for the ride! (will get pics up once I can get ahold of some AA's!)

Peace to all, Tresh :skin_up:

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to this Tresh, what is your plan with the CFL? Blue for the first 3 weeks and then switching to red? I hope you get to your 2 ounce target. Go for it !

Just a quick update and a few pics (just testing out how to upload them)

So the seed was dropped into a shot glass of de-chlorinated water yesterday at 3pm. It had sank by 7, but I thought I would wait for the taproot to show. It was showing this morning so will be planted into a 'jiffy cup' with around 30% perlite. One thing I have noticed so far is that this seed has been a lot faster to germinate than any others I have done, I dont know if thats a thing with autos, but lets hope the buds appear as fast as the taproot did!

The Tin 'o' Beans

gallery_73267_5080_38843.jpg

The Nutes

gallery_73267_5080_14229.jpg

Seed in Water (yesterday)

gallery_73267_5080_10760.jpg

Had a clip-on oscillating fan and some syringes for measuring nutes arrive today

Will post update + pics when its popped

Cheers, Tresh :skin_up:

Good luck with the grow bud, I like the airpots for growing in, I do 10l & 20l pots.

Have you picked up any tips with keeping the air pots moist? I've heard you can buy 'watering spikes' and those water retaining crystals came to mind, apparently they dry out reaaaall fast

hi tresh3 good luck with the grow mate i have some of these beans for my next grow so will

pop in from time to time an see how she gets on if you dont mind

Cheers man! First grow, so hoping she doesnt go too badly

I'm looking forward to this Tresh, what is your plan with the CFL? Blue for the first 3 weeks and then switching to red? I hope you get to your 2 ounce target. Go for it !

Only just saw you popped in Tony - after reading all the reviews of your strains I decided your seeds were worth the run for their money, got a couple of powerplant and 'skywalker' too, looking forwards to doing the latter at some point.

Yeah, I think I will use blue for the first few weeks, then to red and maybe switch back out to blue in the second to last week because i've heard it can improve the flavour greatly and doesnt affect the yield much. Any views on this?

Fcbarcelona, do you have a diary? :smokin:

Cheers, Tresh

p.s does anyone know what the water pH levels are like around East London? I know we get problems with limescale, so can't be too good, will have to pick up a pH meter

hi tresh, sounds like a good plan. I have heard about people adding blue light at the end for flavour, but some folk worry that the buds also need the red to finish fattening up. Will you use both spectra at the end or just blue ? It will be interesting to see, good luck

hi tresh, sounds like a good plan. I have heard about people adding blue light at the end for flavour, but some folk worry that the buds also need the red to finish fattening up. Will you use both spectra at the end or just blue ? It will be interesting to see, good luck

I was thinking about using a 250w blue cfl and supplementing with some 23w red cfl's, maybe for the second to last week, as I seek flavour over yield. With the results multiple people have had with Think Different, I dont think yield is going to be a problem either way :B):

Just a quick update, the seedling popped today, I came home from work and peeked into the tent, and to my horror the oscillating fan had blown the makeshift tent off the jiffy pot and it had completley dried out :headpain:

I sprayed the pot and also nudged the seed case off with the end of my scissors, it only took the smallest touch and fell cleanly off but it looked as though the plant had become trapped in a halfway position. Plaggy bag back on. Will get some pics up tomorrow.

On an off-topic got a nice 8th to myself tonight, busting out the :bong:

Smooth toking to all, Tresh :skin_up:

gallery_73267_5080_13431.jpg

Here she is, 2 days later. I apologise for the quality, im a shop assistant not a photographer :wassnnme:

I made a bit of a mistake yesterday, the pot had dried out YET AGAIN, and the seedling looked like it was drying up too. The oscillating fan combined with the exhaust fan keep a strong flow of air in such a small tent, but if i turn either fan off, the temps below the light soars. I put the jiffy pot inside another pot and this has done the trick. When she was remoistened she received her first feed of biosillicon, 1/4ml to 1L.

But I may have germed another seed :unsure:

Not sure what the plan is now, as the first baby is alive and kicking, with its first real leaves forming. I may just try to fit both plants into the tent, but with the size of multiple people's results, I think that may be an issue with my tiny DR60. Any thoughts?

Happy Growing to all, Tresh :skin_up:

Edited by Tresh3
  • Like 1

what size air pots and what are you growing in, are you doing a soil grow or coco?

I grew TDs in 10 litre air pots, you could probably fit two in a DR60.

Im growing in compost, I will maybe look into coco or hempy buckets for future grows but I just like doing it the way it's grown by mother nature herself :hippy:

There was a bit of sunlight on the room this morning, and when I opened the tent, there was leaf burn on the seedling! The 2 first 'real' leaves had small brown spots on the leaves and the edges were slightly curled, I opened one of the side vents and the temps went from 39 to 30. Just hoping it's going to be okay, as far as my limited experience goes, i've found it is harder to kill plants than it is to keep them alive. As for the other seed, it hasn't popped yet, been about 3 days but still hopeful :D

Will update with pics when it's been a week

Tresh :skin_up:

Edited by Tresh3
  • Like 1