Thrips...

Stealth67

• 3 weeks later...

that leave doesnt look healthy, is that the little green larvae at the tip of some leaves, also to get infected with them do you need filter connection to the outside for them to get in, or can they get in no matter what, not sure, coz 1 or 2 of my leaves are lookin like this, but me was thinkin that it was lack of water

thx scint...

that leave doesnt look healthy, is that the little green larvae at the tip of some leaves, also to get infected with them do you need filter connection to the outside for them to get in, or can they get in no matter what, not sure, coz 1 or 2 of my leaves are lookin like this, but me was thinkin that it was lack of water

thx scint...

254479[/snapback]

The pic shows the thrip's trails on the leaves.

Kind of like a snail's trail.

If you think it's thrip get it treated quickly, i treated my growroom before any/many eggs were laid.

If your not fusst about using chemicals to eradicate the problem try Scotts bug clear, worked for me. Also recommend getting a large sprayer with a long reaching arm, not a little spray bottle.

Thrips are buggers to get rid of for the simple reason they pupate into adults in your soil making it harder to kill them off.

ive found buzz off works if you spray the plants very well every 3 days.

it will kill any adults you manage coat with buzz off and the other living stages of thrips.

However it wont kill any eggs or pupating adults.

But if you spray every 3 days for about 3 to 4 weeks you will kill off your thrips.

Bom!

Thrips are buggers to get rid of for the simple reason they pupate into adults in your soil making it harder to kill them off.

ive found buzz off works if you spray the plants very well every 3 days.

it will kill any adults you manage coat with buzz off and the other living stages of thrips.

However it wont kill any eggs or pupating adults.

But if you spray every 3 days for about 3 to 4 weeks you will kill off your thrips.

Bom!

255204[/snapback]

i found this on my travles on the net.

NICOTINE AND TOBACCO SPRAYS.

nicotine is a non-persistent pestiside dirived from tobacco. it is a stomach poison,contact poison and respiratory poison.

this very poisonous compound affects the neuromuscular sysem, causing pests to go into convulsions and die. nicotine sulfate is the most common form.

CAUTION!!!!!

DO NOT SWALLOW ANY OF THIS VILE POISON, AVOID SKIN CONTACT. DO NOT use around nightshade family(eggplant,tomatoes.peppers and potatoes) because thay may contract tobacco mosaic virus(TMV) from exposure to tobacco-based substances.

CONTROLS; Sucking and chewing insects.

Mixing; use a spreader/sticker.

Application; seldom phytotoxic when used as directed. combine withinsecticidal soap to increase killing ability.

PERSISTENCE: ONE WEEK TO TEN DAYS.

FORMS: liquid.

TOXICITY: although naturlally derived, nicotine is very toxic to most insects including beneficials, honeybees,fish and humans if concentrate is ingested(or built-up over years to develop lung cancer and other cancers in humans).

SAFETY:use a mask and gloves,avoid skin and eye contact...

you can get nicotine by soaking 1/4 ounc of hand rolling tobaco in a small cup of worm warter over night.rubber gloves must be worn when ringing the tobaco the next day,anarchist cook book..

i have tried this. it stinks but works very well...

:stoned:

DO NOT use around nightshade family(eggplant,tomatoes.peppers and potatoes) because thay may contract tobacco mosaic virus(TMV) from exposure to tobacco-based substances

Also count cannabis as a plant susceptible to TMV.

... you can get nicotine by soaking 1/4 ounc of hand rolling tobaco in a small cup of worm warter over night.rubber gloves must be worn when ringing the tobaco the next day,anarchist cook book..

Boiling it for a few minutes intsead of soaking overnight will get the nicotine extracted and kill the TMV. lol If you're feeling a bit skint, you can boil up some cigarette ends instead, preferably with plenty of ventilation :stoned: