help

i.have.cancer

tn_gallery_73723_5065_12564.jpg ok i got there lol,,,,,,, Hi Guys, i have not used a filter before and i am not sure i have set my rhino filter up the right way, as you can see in the pic, the long bit of silver ducting is sucking air in the tent into the fan and then into the smaller bit of ducting which is sucking it into the filter,,, also this next pic is of my fresh air coming into the tent and i have about a foot long bit of ducting in the tent which the air comes out of gallery_73723_5065_49241.jpg i am running 2 rvk 6 inch fans which i have boxed and filled with expanding foam and then put into a bigger box and filled that with expanding foam but i still seem to be getting a lot of noise, i think its because of my ducting or where the fans are sucking in the air, has anyone got any tips for getting it all abit quieter. many thanks guys Edited by i.have.cancer

No need to use the insert image button, just copy and paste the code straight into your post..:)

Edited by madgiz

I've never bothered boxing a fan as it's the airflow through the filter and ducting that makes the racket. Two 6" rvk's are always gonna make a lot of noise, mine is the L1 version and it sounds like a plane taking off when it kicks in. All I did was get my temps perfect at idle speed and the fan never kicks in so all I hear is a sweet humming noise that reassures me every time I hear it. :smokin:

• Like 1

Mr Bond, thanks for helping me out with the picture post this afternoon, sorry i could not find the post again to thankyou, so cheers

Edited by i.have.cancer

Am I going nuts or are you not actually extracting the air out of the tent? it looks like you're just circulating the air through the filter.

Normal set up would be filter>ducting>fan>ducting to outside (or at least outside the tent), but some put the filter after the fan ie fan>ducting to outside>filter.

You could also put the fan outside the tent in both setups but there's reasons that putting it inside is simpler.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

tn_gallery_73723_5065_12564.jpg ok i got there lol,,,,,,, Hi Guys, i have not used a filter before and i am not sure i have set my rhino filter up the right way, as you can see in the pic, the long bit of silver ducting is sucking air in the tent into the fan and then into the smaller bit of ducting which is sucking it into the filter,,, also this next pic is of my fresh air coming into the tent and i have about a foot long bit of ducting in the tent which the air comes out of gallery_73723_5065_49241.jpg i am running 2 rvk 6 inch fans which i have boxed and filled with expanding foam and then put into a bigger box and filled that with expanding foam but i still seem to be getting a lot of noise, i think its because of my ducting or where the fans are sucking in the air, has anyone got any tips for getting it all abit quieter. many thanks guys

the noise is caused by the moving air .well most of it ,i have a boxed of fan, but getting accoustic ducting made things alot quiter. i also have a fan speed controller .maby you should get one and try to dull your air flow abit.if poss. but large fans will always make some noise. i also worry about the neighbours, but dont get to hung up on it, ive been chasing one noise after the nxt for years, i have freinds family in the house that hear nothing, but i do when my fans switch on,i think it may be because i am to intuned to the noise,