Pictures drawn under the influence

DaveDee

Hi

I've always tried to do pictures like this but could never get them to look anywhere near how I wanted them until Friday.

I smoked about a teenth of weed.

I tried to do the same pictures another day when nowhere near as stoned, and I just could not do them.

What is is about cannabis that enables me to form these shapes with confidence, yet without, it's like someone else has drawn them.

When I am fit to work this is what I want to do. I want to make things with these designs on. I want to design more. I want to make murals on people's walls but without transport I would need a lift to whoever wants a mural's house. :)

I know they are not perfect and still a bit rough but they can be improved upon.

Comments and critiques most welcome. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm sad I cannot attaches pictures from my hard drive. Couldn't see any upload button.

Edited by DaveDee
to remove link to fb profile

Put them here because Facebook is saying can't link to this data. Also do you think most people here want to go to Facebook, know I don't.

To put them up here open a gallery and put photos there, then pick up bb code on right and paste that into your post.

Edited by Hir
  • Like 3

Your link doesn't work mate, which is probably a good thing if you're linking to your real FB profile! Not a good idea on a board like this pal!

There are a couple of threads which tell you how to upload pics mate, sorry no link but I'm sure someone else will be along soon...

• Like 1

The link does work for me... but I agree with concerns about posting links to your real world name and profile on this site.

Not wanting to be all down though... nice looking work there. Keep it up.

• Like 2

I like it Dave. Iv'e not been in the frame of mind to doodle for a long time. I think being stoned can help you concentrate on things you enjoy, sometimes it distract also.

• Like 1

Not sure what happened there. I can see the pic today.

Looks nice and very organic. Nice and curvy!

Thank you.

I was hoping someone would come along to help me understand why I can only do these when very stoned.

Here's some pics I did when I wasn't so stoned, they're nowhere near as confidently drawn.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=6120&do=view_album&album=4994

Here's some pics I did when I wasn't so stoned, they're nowhere near as confidently drawn.

Think you might have answered it there.

Weed probably relaxes the part of you that gets in the way. When drawing sober stop trying to think so much about how it looks and just draw. I'd lay a small bet (cos I can't be sure off so little info) that that's how you draw under the influence... just relaxed and letting it flow.

• Like 1

Think you might have answered it there.

Weed probably relaxes the part of you that gets in the way. When drawing sober stop trying to think so much about how it looks and just draw. I'd lay a small bet (cos I can't be sure off so little info) that that's how you draw under the influence... just relaxed and letting it flow.

There is a sort of element that I cannot capture when sober.

It is a sort of 'flow' but different.

The lines are not as wobbly, well, you can see.

It just seemed to 'go right' first time.

I think the weed helps me reach a meditative like state, that sober doesn't allow.

It's like I cannot relax sober, in fact, when I first smoked, it didn't relax me, but it put me in a really insightful state of mind, and I realised that up to and including that time, apart from being tired in bed, I never ever relaxed.

Thank you for your input, I really appreciated it and it prvoked more thoughts.

I draw ropey when not stoned because I am not sufficiently relaxed.

No worries. :)

I think a lot of it is state of mind. Since there's some degree of "doodle" in what you were doing, try watching this lad - he says his thoughts out loud while doodling.

I tried something similar today and came up with a quarter page sized doodle that looks pretty cool - and doodling is something I can't usually step out of my way enough to do - I just end up trying to draw things which kinda defeats the point.

Give it a go sober and see how you get on.

• Like 4