12" Vents KSB Temp and Speed Control or Ruck ISO 12"

keithybaby

Hi there, been a while since Ive been on here. But I would like to ask a question about these acoustic fans. I allready have one 8" S&P td silent and now am looking to change the fan to run 4x 600w magnum xxxl and would like to know which of these everyone thinks or has some experience with before I make the investment. I am looking at either a:

12" Ruck iso acoustic box fan or a Vents Ksb 12" with temp and speed control.

Sound is of upmost importance really as close to other people and I would just like to know what you guys think please???

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!! CHEERS!!!

Last time I looked into it the KSBs db rating were lower than the ISO.

Not sure if that still stands but you can find their db specs on the web mate. :yinyang:

e2a: The KSB will keep itself much quieter as it has built in temp and speed control. The db figures I am recalling was from full load and the KSB was still quieter.

I use the KSA and the built in temp and speed control is a must imo for max ventilation while keeping noise down as much as possible.

Edited by GreenFloyd

Hi there, thank you very much for your reply. I was thinking the same thing and after reading some more some say that the temp and speed control which is built in is calibrated to the motor so there is no hum or buzz. Would you be able to tell me if this is correct in your experience? Thank again, your experience is very helpful.

Hi there, thank you very much for your reply. I was thinking the same thing and after reading some more some say that the temp and speed control which is built in is calibrated to the motor so there is no hum or buzz. Would you be able to tell me if this is correct in your experience? Thank again, your experience is very helpful.

Your spot on with your thinking mate, you don't get any hum or buzz like you do from an additional automated speed and temp controller. :yep:

could someone clarify the sound pressure figures? can they be compared like for like because the figures say 19db for the 8" s&p silent and 38db for the 8" ksb !!

One of those two doesn´t look like a silent fan from the figures :wallbash:

Flick

Guest ScumbagGardens

can they be compared like for like because the figures say 19db for the 8" s&p silent and 38db for the 8" ksb !!

Here's a db scale

birth02_13.gif

Thanks for your replys guys. The reason I was looking for a new fan because as the S&P is very quiet and even quiter with a silencer, but it has got no umph behind it. I am now using it on my 10" cf and it works great just not enough to cool 4x 600w magnums xxxl. I even put the s&p in a mdf box and insulated it, which made a difference for the air noise from the outlet but it is a pain when you live close next to ppl.

Hope someone has some more input for me, allways looking and coming up with new ideas to make things super quiet but also for effectivness.

Curently growing iced grapefruit, blueberry and a few mixed ones I had left over. All in all I just need to get the temps down with these new reflectors, (well second hand) I mangaed to pick up 4 Maqgnum xxxxl for £100! Bargin!!!! :smoke:

ive a 6i ks its loud evern tho its in a box with sterofoam inside ive just put it on bungee n put extra kingspan around it with foil tape. ive also got the high powerd ruck wich kicks out good ive had a look at them new s&p fan with the round power at top it looks good but pricey. bit of diy hurts no one mate.

Well I just checked the noise rating for both the 12" (315mm) fans. According to the product page the Vents KSB 315 has a breakout level of 43 dB at 3 meters whilst the Ruck ISOT is rated at 39 dB and the ISOTX is just 35 dB. Where the KSB seems to win is the amount of air it shifts, product page states 2150m3/h whilst the Rucks are 1750m3/h and 1726m3/h respectively.

So its a trade off between sound volume and efficiency, my personal preference would be to go for the one that packs the biggest punch and that seems to be the KSB. However I own two Ruck cabinet fans and have to say they're still pretty loud at that size, the difference between the 10" and 12" is very noticeable, I'm not sure I'd go for the extra performance of the KSB at 12".

Peace

• Like 1