Amsterdam

highguy

Hi

I'm thinking of booking a trip to dam. I've been before and know that greenhouse and the grey area do nice weed. Is there any other coffee shops that do good prices for good weed?

Cheers guys

Edited by Owderb

Try Bluebird man, I thought that place was semi-reasonable (compared to the rest). Anywhere in Netherlands you are going to pay a premium though, even down south we were paying 10EUR a gram for the best garde, up in Dam we were getting similar quality for about 13EUR.

Edited by Owderb

Just come back from the dam a month ago, I'd stay away from greenhouse, well there are a few, but the one i went in tried selling me 'purple haze' it was some very small airy buds clearly sprayed with a dark purple substance, on seeing this i chuckled to myself and walked out.

My favourite coffee shops where voyagers, English guy runs it, very sound and there’s also loads of bongs and a volcano vaporiser you can use, the weed is ace, standard prices.

Another fav was barnys, got some laughing bhudda from there and it did exactly that haha, and there’s about 3 or 4 volcanoes to use. The prices here are a bit over average but the weed is spot on and it’s very popular.

My overall favourite was Dampkring, very nice smart modern interior and a great selection of hash, i had some moroccon sunrise that was like like blu tac, and after only ever seeing resin over here i was amazed by the stuff, couldn’t stop messing with it haha.

If you’re looking for cheap weed and good deals then these will mostly be found around the outskirts, but most of these are member only so you may not get to sit inside some of them.

I would also suggest finding the cannabis college. There are some top people to talk to in there and they will answer most Qs you might have, they will advise you on the best coffee shops and they also have a grow room in the basement you can look at.

Dont try smoking a joint in there though unless its pure, they hate tobbaco and the fact it contaminates everything, oh and they let you use a vapouriser which is good for first timers because they show you how to operate them.

• Like 1

im back for the last time in novemeber before the shit hits the fan

id love to offer a place or 2 but it all turned into a haze after strolling out of the hotel and finding a shop 3 doors away , a blast in there and in one of the bulldogs and the rest is a bit of a headfuck , ive photos of all sorts such as gray area and damp , barneys and greenhouse ( spits on floor ) but ill be buggered if i can remember that much , so id say aim for places but best of luck getting there oh and cookies :russian:

Is there any other coffee shops that do good prices for good weed?

Yeah, there are. There is Paradox, on the outside of the centre (still, by all means, in the centre of amsterdam, but not busy and not a tourist-trap). Not a bad menu – very reasonably priced. Friendly budtender too, last time I was there (start of this year). Amnesia is not far from there, and seems a bit more polished and sophisticated than laid-back Paradox, and has a larger menu. However, the prices, generally, are higher also. Get the amnesia haze from there. Good luck making it back to the hotel in one piece.

• Like 1

+1 for Paradox! They have some pretty nice space cake(1.25g per slice!!!) and also do 5 euro deals. Last time we were there they had finger hash on the menu, it was nice! Coffee shop Yoyo also do 5 euro deals, closer to the center Voyagers and Utopia both have a reputation for being decent.

Try Bluebird man, I thought that place was semi-reasonable (compared to the rest).

Bluebird used to be my favourite, always such a large selection compared to others, and the hot chocolate with cream is spot on! Only downside is its a struggle to get back down the stairs after a heavy sesh ;)

• Like 2

As someone else said highguy, why not try out of the Dam. I had a tasty time at -> Willie Wortals in Haarlem which is a half hour train ride from the Dam, the place has got around 30 shops in it's own right and, IMO, has a better quality of everything. It's really neat when you get up and wander down for breky in a CS, Haarlems very close to the sea as well and has canals, one of Willies shops looks on to a canal with a windmill and a bridge :oldtoker:

In the dam I always visit cafe420/de kuil. Dampkring/Tweede Kamer and Basjoes. 420 and Basjoes have very small but high quality menus and Dampkring have a huge selection which always includes some gems ime.

• Like 1

At Kadinsky coffeeshop if you buy 5 grams then you get a 20% discount, Central coffeeshop almost opposite central station normally has some good quality stuff at ok prices, also what Bhang Buddie said ^^^ check out Haarlem for cheaper prices and better quality.

im back for the last time in novemeber before the shit hits the fan

id love to offer a place or 2 but it all turned into a haze after strolling out of the hotel and finding a shop 3 doors away , a blast in there and in one of the bulldogs and the rest is a bit of a headfuck , ive photos of all sorts such as gray area and damp , barneys and greenhouse ( spits on floor ) but ill be buggered if i can remember that much , so id say aim for places but best of luck getting there oh and cookies :russian:

I'm also going over in nov for one last trip. Between the 6th and the 9th.

Sad to hear about greenhouse though as it was my first and always been one of my favorite. I found 4g of ching in thier toilet last year on me first day. Not that I do it at home but I was on holiday and it was free.

Most have already been mentioned but would add de noon. Got a 4g bag of blueberry for €28 amnesia for

€8 a gram. The blueberry is the first blueberry I've had in the dam that was as good as the one I used to grow and the amnesia was knock out for the price.

Cheers tico.

Guest Hashbeck

I wanna go one last time too - does anyone know exactly when it shuts to tourists? I liked Bluebird too, their hash chocolates were amazing! Paradox and Dampkring sound good. I like the sound of Haarlem - B&Bs might be cheaper too.

I loved the cannabis college as well, people in there really knew there stuff.

:stoned:

The weed pass is due to come into force on 1st January 2013 in Amsterdam but between now and then will be an election so anything could happen.

Also the mayor doesn't want it and the news coming back from places with the weedpass is that it's an unmitigated disaster. Crime and assualt is up and street dealing is rampant

:skin_up:

• Like 3