Confused

scottyDog

I've been treating my girls for mites with Buzz off, my mate seems to think that I don't have mites but some other thing going on..... Here's 2 pics..............any help would be great TY :wub: This is the pic I think looks like MITES lol

post-6145-1096896667.jpg

And I'm not sure what's going on with this one! :wub:

I'm growing in soil, New Horizons from J.A Bower, 5% perlite. 4 weeks in to flower, feeding with Bio Grow and Bloom. 400w HPS

post-6145-1096896819.jpg

doesnt look like mites to me... they leave a much smaller dot, not much bigger than a pinprick.

I dotn know what it is, but I am pretty sure its not mites :wub:

scottyDog really difficult M8.

doesnt look like mites to me... they leave a much smaller dot, not much bigger than a pinprick.
which is best seen on trhe reverse side to your pics

Do you check PH ?

I dotn know what it is - Sorry some one may answer whonhas an idea ;)

:smoke:

NK.

Hi Scotty Dog,

It is difficult to see as mites manifest themselves under the leaves and you will see little pin-prick sized dots ranging from a light green colour through to black and later on red moving around....Bastards!

On top of the leaves you will see little white or very light dots where the spider Mites have broken into the very cell structure of the plants and sucked out the sap.

What you have-to me looks like rust or some sort of fungal thing going on-maybe caused by high humidity.

You can physically see mites.....I know this as I have the bastards for the first time myself at the moment!

Regards,

Bu.

Edited by Buddha

I'm not sure what it is. I flushed all the plants yesterday so I will wait and see what happens in the next few days ;)

P.S: Found this info when the UK420 site was down.

Edited by scottyDog

the best time to spot mite damage is after u spray them.

also the larve ,eggs are along the main vein u can spot with ur eyes but a camera loupe x30 really gives u the shivers.

imho the best way to deal with them is spray with water and then check for leaf damage then remove leaf and give surronding leaves a good look at.

if u spot an outbreak early then itsa lot easier, imho they seem to stay on leaf a wee while lay some eggs then move on.

• 4 weeks later...
And I'm not sure what's going on with this one!  :offtopic:

I'm growing in soil, New Horizons from J.A Bower, 5% perlite. 4 weeks in to flower, feeding with Bio Grow and Bloom. 400w HPS

242105[/snapback]

Looks like a bit of overwatering to me!

That would cause the leaves to fold under like they are doing in the pics. and the also the brown spots.

Definatly no mites on those leaves Mate.

Bom!