Help me map my route for the last trip in the Dam

220coupe

Right uk420

Hello

I'm off to the Dam for my last time before the ban kicks in tomorrow...

I've been alot and know it quite well but I want your views on the best places to go for my last time only got a day so this is how its starting Grasshopper as ever since I've been its the first stop I know its a rip off but its kinda tradition so let me have your best places to stop for prob my last time in the Dam

220c

i love the grasshopper, i know its a rip of but take my own weed and sit outside with a beer, its the only place ive found in the dam that isnt bottlenecked outside with throngs of people, i like people watching too but the sense of space is rare in the dam. i made plans my first 2 trips but spent ages hunting places down, some i never found! i just go wandering now and have found some really nice spots stopping for a J and a beer or juice. pretty pointless planning routes for me at least, go with the flow. i had planned to spend my 40th in the dam next year :(. i always end up upstairs in the grasshopper too for some strange reason and as traditon dictates i start off in ricks as it was the 1st i ever visited.

Edited by glezga
  • Like 1

Guest Wizard_Ovanoz

On your last ever trip to the Dam, please please change your tradition of going to the Grasshopper, its shite :soap:

Walk straight past it, on the right on the T junction is BABA loads better and you don't have to sit in a glass container to smoke!

There's loads of other coffee shops along Warmerstraat, Hill Street Blues does a wicked Cheese.

Then You have loads of coffee shops up near Barneys, the Uptown one is cool for having a beer and a smoke :wink:

Then The Grey Area, Amnesia is just round the block and Homegrown Fantasy isn't far, on way back to Dam Square really.

You could then go check out Leidseplein, the Rokerij is cool and theres plenty other coffee shops around there.

Take a butchers in Dampkring if you heading back to Dam Square.

I would also take a look over NieuwMarkt, the green place is always worth a look.

Just go with the flow then man.

Voyagers do some nice bits also :yep:

Have a good one,

Wizard_Ovanoz.......:magic:

• Like 2

Yep agree with Wizard, hit voyagers, grey area, barneys, dampkring & one of my personal favourites, The Katsu! (get some tasty Black Widow) A great walk down from Dam sqaure & you might well hit the outdoor market tomorrow if you head down past Mellow Yellow. Enjoy!!

Zion86 :hippy:

• Like 2

Same as wizard and Zion but would add greenhouse (just don't buy there seeds), kadinski and Picasso's.

As it's your last time I would defo go a bit out the centre to places like mellow yellow, de noon and tweed kamer.

I'm going over in nov for one last haragh and they are all on the list even though I've been to them all before.

Cheers tico.

• Like 2

You are stars guys give yourself a pat on the back.... I'm sorry Wizard I know its a rip off with its greenhouse effect but its tradition sorry dude :wink: but thanks for the advise on the coffee shops I will update you and tell you my route :smoke:

cheers all

220c

Have been a regular myself over the years and can highly recomend voyagers coofeshop. Its more or less opposie central station give it a google. Had a really good menu, top quality buds, friendly staff and lots of room to sit. Enjoy mate

Basjoe's* and Cafe420/de Kuil are a must imo.

*e2a apparently Basjoe's has changed hands and is no longer the same.

Edited by ~nobody~
  • Like 1

Been going for a while, Check out Paradox, its a little gem and has 5 Euro deals, so handy when trying a few different strains . Also get the ribs from Cafe De Klos, all the meat there is good. Enjoy :yinyang:

If you have one of those fancy smart phones, my mate downloaded a few for his last trip, I think they were android apps, they were called 'coffeetracker' and 'smokeout' they might be of some help.

Mellow

As promised a report went Barneys for breakfast but got some green from Barneys across the road 1st Vanilla Kush which I thought was pretty shit tasted very earthy not my cup of tea but my mate bought Laughing Budda which was a quite nice high & tasting.

After Barneys we walked to the Grey area only had a coffee but nice & chilled not to busy then to the Dampkring again only had a drink bit to busy for my liking tons of Yanks with massive bags :wallbash:

Left there went the Green Place I think it was called busy busy again only had a doob.. So moved onto The Greenhouse effect really chilled not to busy Then went the Grasshopper Middle Floor had a few ciders took out a mortgage & smoked a few more doobs very good enjoyed it in there for once.

Left there went Baba packed to the rafters so went Hunters then home

Good day out enjoyed it for once but I don't think I will be rushing back anytime soon. We did buy some more green other than the 2 at the start but can't remember for the life of me what & where from :ouch:

Thanks again

220c

i read on here that ,the ban was not happening anymore . as sum coffee shop owners ,had took them to court ? :unsure:

glad you had a good 1 . 220 coupe :spliff:

I think the ban will be enforced from the 1st Jan 2013 in Amsterdam, its already in place in 3 of the southern counties, it will be a sad day if this law passes.

Mellow