Think Different & Friends

JohnyT

Think Different & Friends

Lets start this shit off with a song:

Intro:

Well after seeing a lot of good results with DP's Think Different I decided I gotta get me a bit of that. I'm hoping to get 3 on the go with 3 other autos. It had originally been my plan to do 3 TDs and 3 Purple Kush as I've always wanted a purple looking plant. But as fate would have it I got 2 free autos with my order. 1 Auto White Cheese and 1 Haze. The White Cheese seems to be some kinda Cheese White Widow cross. My first ever success for growing was a DP white widow back in the day so I had to put it in, the haze well why not. I can keep the other Purples for next time and this grow is mainly about the Think Different any way I got me a spare too just in case.

gallery_27645_4745_263587.jpg

The Kit

Well as I've still got 2-3 weeks left in my main tent I have acquired a DS120 for starting and drying. They will go into me main DR120 when all is clear.

DS120:

125w Blue and Red CFL in dual hood

Rope Ratchet hangers (the best)

5" Rhino Filter

5" Can-Fan High Power Version

SMS COM Smart Fan Controller

140mm Computer fan

Passive Intake

DR120

600w Lumatek Dual Spectrum HPS

Lumatek Dimmable Ballast

Large Cool Shade

Contacter

Rope Ratchet Hangers

6" Budget Filter

6" Can-Fan

SMS COM Smart Fan Controller

Clip on fans

Passive Intake (May well active this later)

Other than that I’ll be using 15 litre Air pots for the Think Differents and probably 10 litre for the others. Never tried Plant Magic soil before so I've ordered up a couple of bags for this grow. Will be starting off in bio biz light mix and using PMs granules when potting up.

Still a little undecided on nuits but been using canna bio for years and might just stick with it.

Lets Grow!

Ok to start off our ritual I bought some mineral water and added some Rhizotonic. This was then poured into some shot glasses and left in my propagator till up to temp. I added the seeds and waited 6 hours to see who sank and swam. I also had 6 small pots ready with Bio Bizz light mix for when the time came. All 6 were sinkers; I gave it another hour then popped them all into the soil.

It’s in god’s hands now let’s just wait and see if he’s smiling upon me

gallery_27645_4745_298166.jpg

Edited by JohnyT
  • Like 1

Hello Johnny,

I have seen some great results with those airpots - so good luck to you, they will love that 600W. I keep my fingers crossed for good germination

• Like 1

First one is out!

First one to pop in just 2 days was the Haze.

gallery_27645_4745_94823.jpg

On the 3rd day Think Different #1 and #2 popped followed by the White Cheese later that evening. 4th day the Purple Kush popped up to say hello. All have been put under CFL light in the DS120 tent and look ok so far. I'm still waiting for Think Different #3 to pop its been 5 days now so fingers crossed it will be with us soon.

Day 7

Well it’s been exactly 7 days from the moment I started to wet the seeds. The Haze, White Cheese, and Purple Haze all popped and looking good. 2 Of the think differents are also looking nice but the 3rd still has not popped yet.

gallery_27645_4745_213440.jpg

As a precaution I did buy a 4th single Think Different seed which I started on Friday morning. This afternoon this 4th seed popped out of the soil 'just' but with the seed casing still firmly around it. I'm going to give it another 24 hours to see if the casing falls of naturally before intervening.

gallery_27645_4745_91465.jpg

• Like 1

its shit wen the shell stays on them mate

i lost an evo x ks coz the shell stayed on and didn't shed it

looking good thow are ya new to growing ?

Yeah might try to help it off later today if I can. I've been growing off and on for a few years but I always forget the ins and outs of it all so im back on the forums brushing up quite often. Last year I grew mostly in a green house so this is my 2nd indoor grow in a long time. Have some pineapple express and speed devil autos on the go as well at the moment and will hopefully be finished in a couple of weeks so these babys can take their place uner the HPS

I hope the encased on does make it as the 3rd Think different has yet to surface, so in the worst case im looking at a 50% sucsess rate on those.

Edited by JohnyT

Day 9: All six are out

Ok so yesterday I grabbed my precision tweezers, knife and magnifying glass plus a lot of patience. It took a lot of very carefully scraping away the seed casing 1 stroke at a time but it all paid off. :hi: I now have 6 seedlings and very happy about it.

I have given up on the other think different seed that still has not surfaced, so it really was a good job I bought a spare. :bunny:

Here is a picture of them I took today the think differents are the 3 on the left

gallery_27645_4745_322617.jpg

Edited by JohnyT
  • Like 1

Day 15:

Well its getting to a point now where some of them should be potted up. 1 of the Think Differents, Haze and White Cheese will be done tomorrow. The other two Think Differents and the Purple Haze maybe 2-3 days after that. I've got a couple of bags of Plant Magic Soil and Granules plus the Air Pots ready to go but we've got friends and family coming over so best not do it today.

I Will put up some picutures when all 6 are in their air pots, here's them today:

gallery_27645_4745_293829.jpg

Edited by JohnyT

Day 22:

Ok time for an update, all 6 plants are now in their airpots. I transplanted using some plant magic ganuels to aid root growth. The soil I have used is also made by plant magic as I have heard good things about them. I watered them in well with some rhizotonic and PH balanced to PH 7.0

gallery_27645_4745_83741.jpg

As you can see here all are now under the 600w hps. The three at the rear are the Think Differents.

gallery_27645_4745_113255.jpg

• Like 1