The End Is Nigh

As the deadline to finish the diaries creeps ever closer, I’d just like to wish everyone good luck with the competition, there’s been some amazing grows and entertaining diaries over the course of the last few months, and some well worthy Grower Of The Month winners.

So good luck everyone and we’ll find out who the winners are in a tense few days :hippy:

• Like 6

Hi Serpent!

Yes, that's very true :)

We will allow for posts until tonight at 23h59m, so you still have around 18h to update some final posts, if you want.

All the updates posted after that will not be considered by the jury. Then, we hope that we can announce the final standings until 23h59m of the 5th of June (next Tuesday). Maybe we end up having to delay it for 24h hours or so, because there are lots of diaries to look at and evaluate, and most of them are very big, as you all know. Surely much more diaries and posts to check than we expected when we decided to make this contest. But my colleagues will do their best to send me their evaluations until 23h59m of the 5th of June and I'll do my best then to create the post with all the results for you guys.

Let me take the opportunity to speak a bit more about the contest and how the diaries are evaluated. We really think that every detail about this contest should be clear to everyone so I'm glad to share all the info possible with you.

The final winners are decided by the Sweet Seeds jury, which will be composed by 5 persons from the seedbank who will look for a couple of days to all the diaries from grower of the month winners and another 6 or 7 diaries that I will suggest for them also to look at. So they will end up having to evaluate a total of around 15 diaries.

>>> They will evaluate the diaries according to the 5 parameters announced:

- The aspect/appearance of the plants;

- Tidiness and general appearance of the grow room;

- Quantity and specially quality of the photos, showing the growth evolution of the plants;

- Originality of the methods, techniques and resources applied;

- Frequency of posting and companionship (fair play) demonstrated.

...each worthing 20% of the final result.

In the end I will post the results with all the details, so the best 10 diaries will have a detailed evaluation where you will be able to see how the juries evaluated your diary in the 5 different parameters.

Unfortunatelly only 3 diaries will get a relevant prize. I say unfortunatelly because I personally know better than anyone else that at least 15 of you deserve a relevant prize, there are great works this year. But well, the prize lote will also be nice and the grower of the months prizes that Sweet Seeds have been giving are also a good complement to this year's contest, only in the grower of the month prizes Sweet Seeds offered 4.000 euros in prizes. Well, I only hope that we can get some fair winners and that everybody ends up enjoying the opportunity to participe in this contest.

Thanks mates :yep:

tommy

• Like 5

I just forgot to say that despite we will only consider updates posted before tonight at 23h59m you guys can keep posting updates to your diaries, you're absolutely welcome to do it and to finish your diaries if you haven't yet. It will not be considered by the jury but it doesn't mean that a work should not be finished ;)

Thanks again my friends, you're all starts now :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 3

Guest La Viva Sativa

Thanx for that tommy been a pleasure buddy and your generosity has been overwhelming at times just like to say good luck to all not much else i can do in my diary as its been complete for a couple months but i just like to say to others get in there and get as much info in there you can as the prize on offer is truely awesome all the best to all and stay safe. :yinyang::stoned:

• Like 5

Its been a complete pleasure Sweet Seeds, we are all winners with plenty in the jars. :notworthy:

All the best to each and everyone. :yep:

e2a : Spelling! :smoke:

Edited by Amnesia
  • Like 4

my prize is already in my grow rooms!have a j47 mum and 3 ice cool,plus a lot of auto seeds to put out side at some point!very please with my result and hope we could do it again!

also special thank you to you tommy!i know you work for sweet seeds but the quality and care on every single post of yours shows a lot about how ace you are, 5 stars my friend!

(now i hope this last post of mine do play with your mind and make me the winner and we can go to the dam together to get the cup if not you are not that cool :rofl: )

• Like 4

should i look forward to another wooden spoon for me kitchen drawers...judging by this years grows ill be lucky to just get a wooden handle ..best of luck to all entrants ..its been a ride yet again ..and goddamn ..you lot can grow .thank you thommy and sweet seeds for yet another blinding year of sweet seeds genetics on show

• Like 4

Time to put on my lucky retro y-fronts :ninja: surely it's not just me that does this? lol

The compo's been fun as usual man :spliff: .

Goodluck to all :punk:

peace :hippy:

Hi mates!

Just to inform you that I'm now receiving the final results but it will still take a while to prepare the post with the list of growers that will get a prize...

In 2 hours the results will be posted. Maybe less, I'm not sure, I just think that 2 hours will be enough so stay tuned or visit the Sweet Seeds subforum tomorrow morning to check it out :yep:

Sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 4

So far there is something I can already tell you...

They decided to give the Sweet Seeds prize lote to 40 contestants instead of 20 contestants, like was mentioned in the contest bases. As there are lots of finished grow diaries with a minimum of quality they had no other option than raising the number of prize lotes :)

But even this way some guys who deserved to get something had to stay out of the list, that's always sad but there had to be a limit and they set it to 40 growers that will get a prize.

Also, it was a torture to the jury the fact of having to select only 3 growers for the relevant prizes, it was really hard to have to keep some great works out of the podium, but like in any other competition it is impossible to please everyone... :unsure:

Stay tuned, little by little the post is getting prepared. Thing is that I have to post the detailed results, as you will see very soon, and takes a while to do ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 6

As se7en said , the prize is the smoke. :yep: (and seeds for the next comp If i can get up and runnin again by then?)

Good luck to every one, theres some Hot contestants this year hope you all had fun :):toot:

Thanks Tommy and all the Sweet Seeds team for the competion !

:yinyang:

• Like 2

well done to all who entered, a huge thanks to sweet seeds and the very professional Tommy.

I know I didn't produce the finest diary, and as of late my life got in the way of my groom and my plants suffered for this.

For that reason I would like to apologize to sweet seeds for not keeping my end of the deal. And I was wondering if they would like some sort of compensation for their generosity, I'm not a rich man but I like to pay for any mistakes I make.

Sorry

Ps congratulations to everyone for a truely awesome competition.

Is a good day to be British

• Like 2

well done to all who entered, a huge thanks to sweet seeds and the very professional Tommy.

I know I didn't produce the finest diary, and as of late my life got in the way of my groom and my plants suffered for this.

For that reason I would like to apologize to sweet seeds for not keeping my end of the deal. And I was wondering if they would like some sort of compensation for their generosity, I'm not a rich man but I like to pay for any mistakes I make.

Sorry

Ps congratulations to everyone for a truely awesome competition.

Is a good day to be British

Hehehehe :rofl:

Of course there is no problem my friend, we know that some of the participants have to abort their first plans for one or other reason, don't worry. If you still have seeds or clones that you are going to use, you can share a diary when you use them, or at least a few pics and comments. Or you can participate in the next contest, I'm not 100% sure if there will be a next contest and when it starts, but I know that if we do it again this time it will be full of surprises :B):

See you around mate, sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 2