Sticking Leaves

SithAdmin

GOt an interesting problem (well in my book at least) some of the leaves on my plants seem to be sticking together and curling up, I've pulled a couple of them apart and they seem to be connected by what i can only describe as spiders web or something similar. It's only affecting the leaves when they start to get big but it's causing a loss in leaf which i'm worried will affect plant growth.

Sith (chilling)

no sign of any spiders in the gr. However there are lots of little black spots appearing on the floor around the plants. No white spots on the leaves though.

Sith

You have the same problem I sometimes get;

Caterpillars

Not sure what they are from, but they pull the leafs together with a silk to make a little home. The little black dots are poo.

The best way to get rid of these ( they will eat the bud and leave their little poos in your crop) is to carefully examine the plants and remove them by hand and either squash or place on the bird table. They are difficult to spot as they are green and can be from 5mm to about 2cm in length. As you are getting plenty of poo, I would assume yours are getting quite big.

Happy hunting.

Magpie :yinyang:

i've looked everywhere on the plant and can't find any creepy crawlies of any sorts :smoke:

maybe i'm going blind. would removing the leaves that are sticking together be a good idea or not?

Sith (still looking for small green things)

i've looked everywhere on the plant and can't find any creepy crawlies of any sorts lol

maybe i'm going blind. would removing the leaves that are sticking together be a good idea or not?

Sith (still looking for small green things)

I'm 99% certain that is what you have.

I would remove the leafs, this might make ethem easier to see.

If you can remove the leafs while the bugs are at home, you can kill two birds.

Have you noticed any leafs being nibbled?

Good luck

Magpie :smoke:

I noticed a leaf sticking together on one of my plants again this weekend. I found the culprit and squashed it.

I then examined my other plants for any sign of investation, I found a further 4 caterpillars that were actualy making their homes in the bud. These bud dwellers were very difficult to spot and even harder to find so I would suggest that you keep a close eye on your plants.

Magpie :headpain: