Think Different - will it be epic ?

DutchPassionTony

thanks otherwise sorry i didn't see it.. I am really curious to know what is going on Tony. If it truly doesn't care about the photoperiod which is obviously the case if it's on 20 hours light then they would be interesting outdoors at higher latitude as they are more likely to finish before the cold and damp hit, but you'd get a half decent yield, I can't imagine it's easy to isolate that trait for breeding though with it being auto and all

Edited by distracted
  • Like 1

thanks otherwise sorry i didn't see it.. I am really curious to know what is going on Tony. If it truly doesn't care about the photoperiod which is obviously the case if it's on 20 hours light then they would be interesting outdoors at higher latitude as they are more likely to finish before the cold and damp hit, but you'd get a half decent yield, I can't imagine it's easy to isolate that trait for breeding though with it being auto and all

Hi Distracted. I like the way you are thinking, 'what could a long flowering auto be used for?'. The 100-day automatic flowering characteristic you are seeing here could, I am pretty sure, be stabilised.

The question for me would be 'would many people want to buy them?' And I am not sure if they would, since the current normal 70-day auto's are popular mainly due to their convenience and speed. But we are thinking about it. I'm looking forward to seeing how much this specimen will deliver. It's all interesting stuff

• Like 1

A UK outdoor grower may want to buy them or at distracted said peeps in higher latitude areas.

Tony, I'm at latitude 57, most of scotland I think is above 55, this is the solar day data for Edinburgh:

Mar-01 10.32

Mar-16 11.46

Apr-01 12.69

Apr-16 13.82

May-01 14.91

May-16 15.87

Jun-01 16.67

Jun-16 17.06

Jul-01 17.03

Jul-16 16.57

Aug-01 15.73

Aug-16 14.74

Sep-01 13.57

Sep-16 12.43

Oct-01 11.28

Oct-16 10.15

Nov-01 9

Nov-16 8.05

Blue is within the frost risk for scotland, green is the veg period and the red is the best we can hope for with flower, about 45 days at best. But we have 150 frost free days, loads of daylight hours and 100+ day decent yielding plant would be welcome I'm sure. In Norway and Finland at 60 lat it must be even harder. I know there are growers that make it work at this latitude but it hasn't worked for me yet

Well guys - good ideas from you all on the uses for longer-life autoflowering varieties. It is all noted !

And back on to our Dutch Passion Think Different. Here it is. The grower is struggling with high temperatures but Think Different is starting to fatten up, She is day 84 and looks like she will take 100 days but will deliver a wardrobe full of ganja.

I love watching Auto's in their last few weeks, bud growth is special

gallery_70468_4085_2465.jpg

gallery_70468_4085_73522.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Day 91. Daytime temperatures are in the mid 30's. Coolest night temperature is in the mid 20's, there is no air conditioning and the grower is in the middle-east. So that root reservoir in the DWC is way above the optimum temperature of 20 degrees celsius.

The buds are fattening up though and I hope the grower manages to keep the grow going

gallery_70468_4085_26499.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The grower went away for a holiday and told his brothers to look after the plant and keep it watered etc while he was away.

I just got a mail from him saying that his brothers have chopped down half the plant as they were running low on stash. Which kind of wrecks the thread. But DWC will be back soon and will send me some photo's of the surviving half of the plant.

hey tony

impressive plant that is for an auto,shame half of its been chopped though

so is it taking so long cos of the LED light or is it a super auto?

anyhow hope you get a smoke report on whats left

:smokin:

Edited by m2jlv II

hey tony

impressive plant that is for an auto,shame half of its been chopped though

so is it taking so long cos of the LED light or is it a super auto?

anyhow hope you get a smoke report on whats left

:smokin:

Hi - it is definitely a super auto (long life pheno) and the situation was complicated with the heat from the middle east grow room conditions which must have had the root reservoir way over optimum temps. I am hoping for some photos AND a smoke report. My understanding is that the guys brothers only took half the buds so I hope he has something left . I will mail him and try and get more pics