Winter Nights

sav420

hi all was thinking its geting cold now and at night its very cold out doors

do yous think i will need a heater or something for in the shead i was planing on keeping my lights on at night and off at day time whats the lowest it can fall to before it harm's them :yep:

thank's :smoke:

You will need some kind of heater in there mate, Have a look at an oil filled radiator, You can get them with thermostats and they dont use as much juice as those fan heater things.

IMO you dont want the temps going below 65F.

AM, :)

Hi sav420

No question about it bud your going to need a heater, suggest you consider your options as an oil filled heater is expensive to run and so is a a bar heater!

Gas is probably the cheapest option but I don't know how you'd automate a gas heater so that it comes on when your temps are low and switches itsef off when the temps are too high!

Don't suppose it's possible to bring the grow indoors?

Nav

I saw something on ebay about plug-in thermostats.. anyone ever seen these?

also.. I have an electric base-board heater.. I am wondering if these can be stood up vertically??

i also grow in my shed,but in my shed i built a flowering box,4x3x3ft,in winter i have as heating, a tubular heater, and an oil filled rad,[from b+q] i also have my lighting on 8pm to 8am,i got a reasonable crop over the last winter months this way,i might add my shed is in a very exposed position,good luck buddie,it works if you make it,twinkle :stoned:

Just a quick note if you decide to opt for the 20 quid fan heaters from B&Q. Just be aware that the thermostat relies on judgement and doesn't actually have tempretures on it. You have to turn it and wait for the click to determine current temp.

It's what im using, and should be useable. Its just if you look around you could prob. find one for the same price which uses numbers, which would be easier.

Good luck

B8

thank's elzzar and nav for all the idears will have a good look about for 1 to sute my needs all tho i like B&Q lol ...

nice setup twinkle like your stile ;)

and jakeman i will have a wee look about for them coz they sound like they could be a good job lol

and thank's agane to Mr_b8man for that info ....

lol

edit_ for one big thank's to all for there help lol

Edited by sav420

ARGOS, just went down their and picked 2 oil filled heaters lol B&Q Don't have em in yet, not in Edinburgh anyway! ARGOS has quite a good selection ;)

Edited by scottyDog

:yinyang: he's hopeing the tree will hide it you think it will work :yep:

you can just about make it out hear but that tree is about 40 foot tall think it will do the job lol

post-99-1095773237.jpg