Where can I quickly nip in the dam for resin (Central Station area)

Stewpot

Hi all I am off to Holland for a few days and calling at Amsterdam on the first day but I am going to be with some people who dont know I smoke :(

We are getting off at the central station about 9am and I will only have about 15 minutes to half an hour free at most to get myself some decent resin to smoke for when I get time on my own.

I just want to get about 7 to 10g of good resin at a fair price to last me a good few days (I know the weed is good but it all smells too strong and I need to keep this on the quiet), it doesnt have to be the greatest of stuff at 60 Euros a gram or anything, (I have seen it on menus but cant see how any resin can be worth that much) but just good value and a nice smoke...

Can anyone recommend anywhere near the station, the last time I called at a place called "Blues Brothers", the gear seemed ok (I had 50 Euros worth of a mixture of three types of resin that I forgot the names of) but I wasnt sure if that was a good place to go next time...

About 25 years ago I went to one called the Prix Dami near the station and also one called Picasso and I have been to those a few times but its years since I last went for an explore and I dont know if they are still open or any good for what I want these days...

Also it will have to be a place that will serve English people, I dont know how these new laws are affecting things... any advice on where to go and what to buy would be nice if anyone has been recently...

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Stewpot

Cafe 420/De Kuil. About 2 minutes walk from the station.

Walk straight down the damrak and take a right in to the alley just after Teasers. 420's on the left.

afaik Prix d'Ami and Picasso are still there.

e2a Google maps reckons 6 mins from the station to 420.

Edited by ~nobody~
  • Like 1

Hi fella..

Have a looksy at this map on the link..

htt p://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Map.html

(To use link, take space from http)

420 is a good un but a limited menu..

prix dami is still there but wouldnt be my port of call..

I'd maybe go for voyagers or hunters if in rush, but do avoid the 'central coffeeshop'...

Have a goodun.... :yinyang:

HD...

e2a.. also check this site for shop menus for better idea and plan of action... :guitar:

h ttp://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm

(again take space out for link)

:smokin:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 1

Lots of info on opening times etc on the link i put, all the info you need on them 2 links really..

just click on coffeeshop of choice and voila... :guitar:

e2a.. Grey area lads are reet stoners and don't open til midday, how mny times i been there and it been closed.. open 12-8... stoners eh.. :skin_up:

Edited by HazyDaze

First thing to do is find out which are open at that time because most are not

Owd

:doh: good point. Hadn't even taken in the time.

You may be stuck with barneys.

Barney's is open at 7am...

If you took time to look at my post up there ^^it's all there...

Not directing you to a snuff site or owt ya know... :headpain:

• Like 1

Central used to be my first port of call –not much else open at 7am – but I found the weed better than the hash. It seems to have changed hands recently: no more 25€ and 10€ deals; you buy by the gram as in most other places, but there's a 10€ minimum spend, which is annoying on principle. The weed that I got from there last time was OK, though. And it does have the advantage of being right outside the station.

Never been to Voyagers, just a bit further on from Central, but I know people who rave about it. I suspect that's more about the atmosphere than the gear, though they wouldn't go there if it were crap. Still, atmosphere isn't a priority when you're just buying.

I've been to Picasso once. It opens at 8, and theoretically offers a free breakfast, though I didn't see anyone with the temerity to ask for it. So I didn't either. Again, OK weed, didn't try the hash.

Shame you're there so early: Siberië do lovely hash, and I can't recommend the charras highly enough. Well worth the 16€ a gram. They had cheaper sorts as well, but I've always bought my cheap hash from Rusland (a bit too far from the station from your point of view, I suspect) and used the good stuff to spice it up.

And don't worry about the weed pass thing. It's not going to be implemented in A'dam until 2013, if then.

Edited by ouirdeaux

Thanks for the advice all,

Yes it is going to be a bit of a mission but after two failed crops (bloody red spider mite webs the first time and bad instructions or seeds (auto flowering Barneys Farm)seeds flowering when only 4 inch high and not growing any more meant my second "emergency" crop failed too)...

Having lost touch with anyone else who smokes or who can get me any I am determined to have a decent smoke when I go to Amsty... I have been smoking scuff and twigs instead of neat bud for a while so it will probably knock my head off... saying that I have found the less you smoke the less you need so it has had a small upside running our...(I was smoking 5 or 6 pretty chunky but single skin spliffs of neat bud a day, now I am happy if I can have two and find a few scraps of bud in amongst the crappy skuff and dried leaves)

Will have a look whats open early when via the link so thanks for that also.

Its a shame I cant email them had let them know what I would like and heve them get it ready for me...

Will have a look on the map and check out the opening times...

I would have gone to the Prix Dami looking at the map as its so close to the station...mostly just because I have been there years ago but no one seems to speak highly of the gear...

Will look at the opening times, I could walk up Harlemmerstraat and see whats open maybe if Picasso is shut walk on to Barneys...

I might get my old photos out and compare what it looked like 25 years ago...

First time I went 25 years ago Picasso had one shop but on later visits (still many years ago) I remember they had Picasso brown and Picasso green... one doing bud and one doing hash...

I have seen good reviews on Barneys but I had a look at thier weed menu it looks very pricey... I am not bothered about price though... more about value for money...I dont mind paying more if its worth it and I am not going to get skanked for being a "tourist"...

Edited by Stewpot

seeing as your going holland and opening times are a bit lazy in the dam have you had a look for coffeeshops in the region your visiting (more than likely cheaper than the dam too). maybe sneak off then instead :unsure:

• Like 1