The better late than never Diary

Frank Lopez

Hello,

After some deliberation I have finally decided to enter the sweet seeds diary competition.

The strain I have decided to grow is Green Poison Auto.

post-71441-0-11887900-1333886641_thumb.jpg

I've only ever grow Auto's once before, a pack of original Low rider beans, this was quite some time ago though.

Since I realise that Auto's don't yield as much as regular plants I thought I better come up with a plan to maximise any potential yield. I really need to get as close to a g/w and I know with these girls that could be quite some feat (I only intend to grow 4 plants under a 400w Dual Spec).

So what I did was Modify my Wilma 4 for DWC and drippers.

post-71441-0-08864100-1333886576_thumb.jpg

The plants will grow in the 6ltr pots filled with Perlite and a little Fytocell (I had very little otherwise it would be 100% Fytocell). Once the tap roots start coming out the bottom of the pots (end of week 2 minimum) they should work there way down the next few millimetres until they hit the res, which will be flumed to increase the dissolved Oxygen content in the tank.

The dripper lines run form the lower catchment tank, feeding straight into the pots which will cause the wilma res to overflow and re-circulate the nuts back into the catchment tank where they can start the re-cycle again.

I intend to feed them Ghe's Flora Series nutrients under the Lucas Formula Feeding schedule 0/5/10 - I don't believe I will need to go over 1.2 EC for DWC otherwise I would be using the HID scale for Lucas formula (0/8/16).

The plants will also be scrogged from 6'' high.

:upside:

• Like 3

So Friday the beans finally arrived and I wasted no time in soaking them.

I placed them in a small glass of luke warm water, to this I added a little GHe Trichoderma H so they are inoculated against Pithium from the off!

They sat in the glass for 8 hours before I sieved off and placed them in coco pellets, again soaked with Trich H solution, probably not necessary as Coco has Trich H present in it anyway.

post-71441-0-16956900-1333887441_thumb.jpg

The coco pellets were placed in a sealed propagator which was then placed in the airing cupboard, ensuring the props air tight and wont dry out.

Today 5 of the 6 had popped up, the other is on its way out the dirt but wont shed its shell for a few more hours so I put it back in the propagator and into the airing cupboard so the humidity enables it to loosen and wiggle off the seed shell.

I've chucked them under the Fish tank PL light - 18w for now. On Wednesday I will put them in the Wilma pots and get the 250 Enviro out. By Sunday I will have the 400w HPS over them.

post-71441-0-54839200-1333887691_thumb.jpg

Its nice, warm and humid on top of my fish tank!! Seedlings love it there :D

Today is day 1. These plants take 8 weeks to finish so the ''grow diary'' will have finished on the 2nd June - Deadline day!!

Obviously I won't be able to do a smoke report, so if that's necessary criteria for the competition entry I'd appreciate it if Tommy could let me know.

Thanks for looking!!

:upside:

p.s. The plant with the white stick coming out the pellet wasn't burred deep enough so when it sprouted most of the tap root and small feeder hairs were exposed to the elements, thus I had to re-dig a small hole and re-place the tap root back in the pellet. I'm expecting it to turn into a runt so i've labelled now so I know which one it is later. I will most likely use the other 4 for the grow as they popped up first and will most likely be the more vigorous of the bunch.

Edited by Frank Lopez
  • Like 3

Great choice Frank Lopez, my Green Poison auto hanging to dry at the moment smells devine. :wub:

All the best.

• Like 1

Great choice Frank Lopez, my Green Poison auto hanging to dry at the moment smells devine. :wub:

All the best.

Nice one dude. I've been looking for a completed diary with this strain.

She looks beautiful!!

Have you weighed her up yet?

:D

Guest nelly123

Hi franky, sounds like you got a plan m8 and you got it nailed down to a tee, hope it goes well for ya man, good look with the comp m8. Nelly :skin_up:

• Like 1

1 week in, 7 to go!

Okay so here we are, 1 week down.

I had originally intended to grow these in perlite / vermiculite and go dwc & drip but unfortunately when I ran the system this week the light was making the nute tank way too hot for me to carry on with active hydro idea.

I could get over the heat problem but not without a significant cost so I will pass and do this again in autumn.

So i descided to uproot the plants gently from the perlite mix and repot them with canna coco pro.

I added PM+ granules when I repoted them and today they had some PM+ root stim and some Trich h.

I am feeding them 'heads fomula', which is a modified version of lucas formula using General Hydroponics flora series nutes. I descided to use this as tontostyle is doing so well with it in his verti grow and I've used the original lucas formula many times before with great results.

To feed the plants i just make a fresh batch of nutes chuck the pump in the bucket and switch it on.

post-71441-0-02324200-1334530955_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I think they've recovered and progressed quite well.

post-71441-0-30682100-1334531383_thumb.jpg

Hopefully next week they will be a bit bigger :wink:

FRANK

• Like 2

Hi Frank! :yep:

Nice one my friend, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Green Poison Auto ;)

I'll keep passing by to check it out. All good to you and your babies. Sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 1