Converted 70w Hps Street Light

marijuanamat

this is a 70w son-t street light i converted for my clones.i stripped it down and got rid of the heavy casing.i extended the cable from the ballast two the lamp and replaced the power cable and put aplug on the end.i then placed the ballast in a metal box i found lying about and connected it all up . i plugged it in and thank fuck it did'nt go bang.

so here it is.

post-102-1095155844.jpg

Hi marijuanamat

Looking good mate bud I'd seriously consider covering that ballast or enclosing it in a properly ventilated casing!

No point in getting yourself killed before you even get to smoke your own gear!

Nav

Ahhhh! Phewww lol

Glad to hear it, especially as it's located near your pots, ideal for the odd splash :spliff:

Keep up the good work, I would have :soap: meself doing that! Good job I know a qualified leccy who did it for me ;)

Will be keeping an eye on this grow cos I only use a 250 meself (just added a blue 125 enviro) So it will be interesting to see what you get with your light and environment...

:smoke:

Hi marijuanamat

Good thinking, you'd be amazed how many people shock themselves without need, even worse burn down their own gaff due to taking unecessary risks!

Keep the pics coming bud!

Nav

it the best advice ever,always cover the ballast so no water gets in it ,or so no dust bild up is not that bad that it will start a fire if there is the smallest spark... on the bulb does it say son-t or does it say son-e? the son-e is a bad bulb to grow with,the spectrum is at 589nm witch is yellow...but if it a son-t then keep up the good work and sorry for this info bro,just didnt want u to grow airy buds...jah bless :unsure:

it's a son-t bulb in it dam but thanks for asking,this is just for clones and a short veg ,i've got a 1000w hps for flowering in a seperate room here's a pic..

post-102-1095348758.jpg