One rule for Jesus, another for Muhammad?

Guest Dashboard Dice

Ban all religion and burn all religious literature, bit extreme i know but its all bollocks and causes more grief than good. :russian:

Yeah that'll help! :doh:

A good example of what I was posting about yesterday, really.

I take it you've read all the literature, in order to reach your lucid and intelligent appraisal?

No, thought not.

Alright Arnie, ok so my post was a bit on the provocotive side, but i'm not a believer in God and no i have not read all the literature,so you are correct with that assumption, well done. But where is this god when people need him most?

:smokin:

Can I just say, I've never read any Jackie Collins but perceive her work has gutter shit anyway... :wallbash:

They were talking about this on The Wright Stuff a few weeks ago. Certain stories dont make it in the papers because of fear it will offend Muslims. No fear when it comes to christianity!

• Like 1

if you peel back the experiences and memories away, it's just humans, this is what humans are capable of, constantly trying to change each others opinion, maybe it's a battle of understanding, infecting others with your thoughts but it seems the only way things will ever work, is when people sort themselves out, if you can't love yourself how can you love anyone else, if you can't/don't help yourself, you can't help anyone else, if you look at religion straight forward, which your brain is clearly telling you is illogical if you try to do that, just like watching a film and going fuck it i'm not going outside aliens and dragons are going to come and murder me unless there's a hero, then you're fucking retarded, sorry.

science is fundementally the exact same idea as god, people used an idea to find things they didn't know, then attributed it to the idea, if you boil it down to what the idea is in essence, physics and god are almost identical idea's, if you think people who could write and decieded to DO THIS, 2000 YEARS AGO, oh yeah they're fucking idiots, they can't look up and see that there isn't a flying man helping them, there eye's are no different from your eyes, so what made them write it, you could say science is fucking stupid because you're just writing down what's already happening, happened and always will happen, when it's already written in a far more informative way by it ACTUALLY EXISTING, it goes back to the point of eye's, most people can't really see whats infront of there eye's because they're just sense organs powered by the intention of the mind.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus
  • Like 2

Guest Dashboard Dice

it goes back to the point of eye's, most people can't really see whats infront of there eye's because they're just sense organs powered by the intention of the mind.

Where as I say, Nutters don't know they wear rose tinted glass.

Ban all religion and burn all religious literature, bit extreme i know but its all bollocks and causes more grief than good. :russian:

Aye, and that fundamental atheism stuff that's very popular at the moment.

Same whiny sanctimonious shit, different dress :skin_up:

Edited by sam-i-am
  • Like 1

Guest Dashboard Dice

Yeah! Enough already, fundamentalist atheists running round starting wars, burning witches at deaths gate..

• Like 2

Guest Nunsacred

Some religions are more obviously a system of control than others.

Their followers know this, are somewhat self-conscious about it, and therefore less tolerant of criticism and mockery. Note that the Dutch fella who said that Islam is 'backward' was swiftly killed in a carpark, and his murder was not seemingly condemned by Islamic faith leaders, or if it was, we didn't hear this on the news.

The perception I have is that religion of any flavour does not self-regulate it's own extreme offshoots, even though they are in fact more blasphemous and damaging to it than anything else.

It's sad that something which starts out with best intentions gets subverted as a system of control by greedy folk but that's the way it is, and it can't be banned, it just re-appears under another name.

The belief that local minorities should get special treatment is just as ludicrous as the belief that pandas should be conserved in Scotland.

• Like 3

well apparently there are billions of religious people, most of them just use it self guidence and too make themselves feel better, i can also see how this would get in the way of fixing problems, because we are the ones who have to fix them, science also does a similar thing, it points things out, but often that's all it does. Things are changing, the only possible way to make it any worse is if everything just dies otherwise, we have billions of problems to fix and that's what the new economy should be.

Yeah! Enough already, fundamentalist atheists running round starting wars, burning witches at deaths gate..

It's a very young religion. Give 'em time

Some religions are more obviously a system of control than others.

Their followers know this, are somewhat self-conscious about it, and therefore less tolerant of criticism and mockery. Note that the Dutch fella who said that Islam is 'backward' was swiftly killed in a carpark, and his murder was not seemingly condemned by Islamic faith leaders, or if it was, we didn't hear this on the news.

The perception I have is that religion of any flavour does not self-regulate it's own extreme offshoots, even though they are in fact more blasphemous and damaging to it than anything else.

It's sad that something which starts out with best intentions gets subverted as a system of control by greedy folk but that's the way it is, and it can't be banned, it just re-appears under another name.

The belief that local minorities should get special treatment is just as ludicrous as the belief that pandas should be conserved in Scotland.

Good post Nun, if I might venture a word on the bit I've put in bold? The reason that a Religion cannot easily control extreme off-shoots is surely that most of them do not have that much control to exercise? The power simply isn't there - so if a few individuals decide to become extreme there is nothing to stop them. Look at the Reformation, the Roman Church was powerless to do anything to stop the spread of Lutheran doctrine or Calvinism. And that despite all the horrors of the Inquisition.

It's a very young religion. Give 'em time

In what way is it a religion ?