2 Harvests?

Twelveways

My plants have got about 4 weeks left till harvesting, they are about 5.5 ft tall and very thick and healthy, the problem is that, due to the dense canopy, there is not enough light getting to the lower branches and budsites so these are not as developed as the ones near the top. I was wondering if, come harvest time, I could chop the tops off the plants, harvest what is on these and then continue flowering the bottoms for a few more weeks.

Has nyone done this? does it work?

Cheers

hi

Yes harvest the tops colas and then leave the plant to continue growing and let the lower buds develop.

I have done this many times without there being any advers effect on the plants or their yeild.

SS :smoke:

1 thing i forgot to add beware that you might get some mould growing on the bits of plant left on the stem still growing so either put some wax over the ends or simply vauterise the ends sorry for the spelling that way no mould can take hold and also keep the humidity down as well

Cheers dude and good growing:-)

There is always re-veging too, Im sure one of the others could tell you more but it basically involves leaving some of the lower buds on, and cutting the plant back as you make the first harvest. Then switch the lights to 24/0 for 2 weeks to get clones, or 4 weeks to make the plant suitable for flowering again.

From what I read it dosent really save time on growing from seed, but it does mean you have a female plant once again. I have heard of folks doing this 10 times over a 3 year period, but this seems a bit amazing.

I might have a go at it myself one time.

Could anyone tell me any more about putting them onto reveg straight away after harvest? Will the buds already on there just ripen and drop off or will they get even bigger for the next harvest or what?

6 weeks into flower with white widow and any info on this which i could use would be appreciated.

Plants 5.5ft tall

Thx

Edited by Twelveways