The death penalty

lovin' Mary

Murderers are the product of their genes and upbringing . They should be removed from society . Punishment and retribution only serves to reinforce our primal beginnings.

• Like 1

If a state wishes to have the death penalty then they should at least have the guts to make it that the person who sentences someone to death then has the responsibility of taking the life. Not by pulling a lever, or flicking a switch, nothing so clean. You want to sentence someone to death, then you do it, and get your hands dirty doing it. See how many are in favour of it then (and those still in favour are clearly psychopaths and so really shouldn't get a say :nenenenene: ).

• Like 1

If a state wishes to have the death penalty then they should at least have the guts to make it that the person who sentences someone to death then has the responsibility of taking the life. Not by pulling a lever, or flicking a switch, nothing so clean. You want to sentence someone to death, then you do it, and get your hands dirty doing it. See how many are in favour of it then (and those still in favour are clearly psychopaths and so really shouldn't get a say :nenenenene: ).

i must be a psychopath then as if i thought that someone had commited a crim so herendes that in my eyes they deserved the death penalty i would have no problem delivering the sentence my self

peace out farmer boy

Guest mr chang

i must be a psychopath then as if i thought that someone had commited a crim so herendes that in my eyes they deserved the death penalty i would have no problem delivering the sentence my self

peace out farmer boy

Same as that my friend,I watched a programe the other day on the murder of rachel nickel(the girl who was stabbed to death in front of her 2 year old son)The police accused colin stagg first then found the real murderer robert napper.In another case this beast raped and murdered both a young lady and her 4 year old daughter,I would gladly throttle this vermin and my concience would be totally clear.

• Like 2

peace out farmer boy

Same as that my friend,I watched a programe the other day on the murder of rachel nickel(the girl who was stabbed to death in front of her 2 year old son)The police accused colin stagg first then found the real murderer robert napper.In another case this beast raped and murdered both a young lady and her 4 year old daughter,I would gladly throttle this vermin and my concience would be totally clear.

With a different jury and coppers better at frameups Stagg might have been found guilty. Pretty good argument against the death penalty right there.

• Like 9

peace out farmer boy

With a different jury and coppers better at frameups Stagg might have been found guilty. Pretty good argument against the death penalty right there.

It was the JUDGE that cleared Stagg. In a rare, but uplifting moment for justice (as opposed to what judges, the police, and the courts usually do, which is fuck all to do with justice). The Judge was incandescent with rage when the police started parading their psychobabble "proof" (remember they got a WPC to get romantically involved with Stagg), and kicked the whole case out of court, suggesting there was a very good case against the police, criminally.

If he hadn't have done that, it's not impossible that Stagg would have been found guilty. Under Farmer Boys new world order, he would have got a bullet to the back of the head, and Robert Napper would have been free to carry on killing, since the Nickell case was 'closed'.

• Like 4

peace out farmer boy

It was the JUDGE that cleared Stagg. In a rare, but uplifting moment for justice (as opposed to what judges, the police, and the courts usually do, which is fuck all to do with justice). The Judge was incandescent with rage when the police started parading their psychobabble "proof" (remember they got a WPC to get romantically involved with Stagg), and kicked the whole case out of court, suggesting there was a very good case against the police, criminally.

If he hadn't have done that, it's not impossible that Stagg would have been found guilty. Under Farmer Boys new world order, he would have got a bullet to the back of the head, and Robert Napper would have been free to carry on killing, since the Nickell case was 'closed'.

He looked like a wrongun tho that stagg bloke! see how close together his eyes are?

allways a sign that..

• Like 1

I've been mates with Jimmy Dennis for years. Amnesty International points to his case as an object lesson in injustice; they regard his innocence as entirely uncontroversial given the evidence.

Ask Jimmy about the death penalty. Ask someone guilty about it. They'll tell you the same thing. Unless you are personally willing to shoot someone in the face you are ethically unqualified to support capital punishment.

• Like 1

Keeping someone in prison for life is far greater punishment than the death penalty. Brady has been asking for the right to die for years.....

How about we give all convicted life sentence murderers the right to choose capital punishment over a life sentence and they have to flick the switch....that should satisfy many and keeps our society civilised...or does it

• Like 3

I think for the human race to progress we need to be less brutal, not more. I think a return of the death penalty would be a step backwards.

• Like 3

I think for the human race to progress we need to be less brutal, not more. I think a return of the death penalty would be a step backwards.

Sadly some so-called civilised countries never moved away from it, in certain states at least :(

I can put forth many good arguments against capital punishment (I have done on numerous occasions in numerous threads about this), many sensible points that are not really emotive (which tends to be the 'argument' for - pure emotion). But it's really a waste of time. Some people are for capital punishment and some are against it, and neither side will ever convince the other that they are wrong.

I am against what I see as state sanctioned murder with every fibre of my being, and I can write posts and posts and posts and bore the pants off everyone explaining why. But some people are for it and nothing I can say will change their minds. I wish it could.

Keeping someone in prison for life is far greater punishment than the death penalty. Brady has been asking for the right to die for years.....

How about we give all convicted life sentence murderers the right to choose capital punishment over a life sentence and they have to flick the switch....that should satisfy many and keeps our society civilised...or does it

From a purely financial perspective it would cost more in the long term and what if the convicted person changed their mind just as they were going to 'flip the switch?' It costs a lot more to execute someone than it does to keep them in prison and there would have to be a better and more numerous appeals process. So after all appeals have been exhausted and all the money has been spent what if the condemned man chooses life...does someone then take that choice away from him and pull the lever anyway to save money? Now the convicted has decided he wants to live should the tax payers pay for his housing?

I don't agree with the death penalty in any way or form and even leaving aside the moral aspect and purely looking at the societal and civil liberties cost it is damagingly counterproductive. It lowers the standard of the community by desensitising the population in which it is used and is invariably used in a racially discriminatory manner. The safeguards that would be put in place to restrict its use would eventually be removed or placed at a level in which more people could be killed.

We have had governments in the past 30 years that want to privatise everything and take away the hard won rights of the poor, so taking the present climate into consideration is it really a good idea to have in place a mechanism that can be used to persecute and punish the poor?

e2 change wording to make sense. :smokin:

Edited by i_not_here

As an aside I've been suicidal a few times and am only still here because I'm such a useless fuckup that I can't even kill myself. But (and this is my point) even at my most suicidal I wouldn't choose to kill myself the way that they execute people in the states in the USA that have the death penalty. The 'lethal injection' (it's multiple injections) that is used in the USA is a fucking dreadful way of killing, everyone who is killed that way dies in agony and some people simply don't die, they spend tens of minutes in excruciating pain and at the end of it are still alive. Even if you agree with the death penalty the way it is done in the American states that allow it is barbaric. And I don't really understand why - I mean if you want to kill someone just give them a massive overdose of diamorphine - job done. Why they fuck around with the bizarre way they do it is utterly beyond me. I guess they want to 'punish' the person until the bitter end. I can't get my head round that, it's fucking horrible :(

• Like 3