the rokerij coffee shops closed down

Shogun

The first coffeeshop I ever went into was a rokerij, I can still remember the grin on my face as I sparked a nl5xhaze joint in there :(

Guest Wizard_Ovanoz

That's a real shame man.

You could buy a pint in the rokerij nr Leidseplein as well as weed/hash, no other Coffeeshops do that :nono:

Hopefully they'll sort something out soon and get back to business :yep:

Whats Franco got to do with it?

Is he not from green house.

Yeh he's from greenhouse but had just started working with rokerij

Do keep up lol

Owd

Whats Franco got to do with it?

Is he not from green house.

Yeh he's from greenhouse but had just started working with rokerij

Do keep up lol

Owd

Oh sorry, EF stands in corner reading high times and weed world.

Is it worth a read link a brother up if so.

2010 :skin_up:

i only managed to get 3 words from that muffled conversation 'colaberation greenhouse rokerij'. is the colaberation about seeds or coffee shops? does that mean the seeds being sold as rokerij seeds are actually greenhouse seeds? i wonder if rokerij will still be selling thier seeds now that the shops are closed, not that i have any intentions of buying any :spliff:

shogun

That sucks, heading there this afternoon from here and arrive in the morning. Rokerij 4 was the first coffeeshop I ever entered. Not going to be quite the same.

i heard about the rokerij losing thier liscence last week on the dopecast, dopefiend said it was because they were storing too much weed on the premises. on yesterdays dopecast he said the actual reason rokerij have lost thier liscence is because the owner was caught importing a massive amount of cannabis into holland. next weeks dopecast is going to have a full report, should be interesting. looks like the dutch authorities would rather the coffee shops bought thier cannabis from criminal gangs rather than import thier own :spliff:

shogun

I was there a week before it shut down and had the whole front conservatory bit chambered up! bit gutted it wont be there when i go next month :(

• 2 weeks later...

i heard about the rokerij losing thier liscence last week on the dopecast, dopefiend said it was because they were storing too much weed on the premises. on yesterdays dopecast he said the actual reason rokerij have lost thier liscence is because the owner was caught importing a massive amount of cannabis into holland. next weeks dopecast is going to have a full report, should be interesting. looks like the dutch authorities would rather the coffee shops bought thier cannabis from criminal gangs rather than import thier own :spliff:

shogun

Hi,

I've just got back from the Dam, i've been there for 4 days and managed to catch up with my good friend who owns homegrown fantasy and he told me a similar story except it was the other way around. He told me the owner of Rokerij got caught exporting 150 kilos to the UK, the dutch police and courts have closed all his business's and his wife's business, houses, cars, money!! THE LOT!! What a fool, shame to see such a good coffeeshop go down.

Hi,

I've just got back from the Dam, i've been there for 4 days and managed to catch up with my good friend who owns homegrown fantasy and he told me a similar story except it was the other way around. He told me the owner of Rokerij got caught exporting 150 kilos to the UK, the dutch police and courts have closed all his business's and his wife's business, houses, cars, money!! THE LOT!! What a fool, shame to see such a good coffeeshop go down.

Does that not sound a bit dodgy to you? He must have been really bored with his life owning a few coffeeshops plus the other business ventures that can bring with it to then start importing such huge amounts to the UK. The Rokerij chain was closed under the BIBOB law I believe, which means anything or anyone doing something dodgy connected, making it pretty easy to shut them down.

Four coffee shops in the center will be shut down this Monday. One of the owners is suspected of international drug trafficking.

The municipality of Amsterdam closes the coffee shops under the Bibob law which allows municipalities to deny permits when the fear is justified that they will be used for criminal activities.

There are three Rokerij coffee shops, in the Lange Leidsedwarsstraat, Singel and on the Elandsgracht. Coffee shop Big Fun will also be closed, opposite the Stopera. This coffee shop has to close because the owner of big fun allegedly has close ties with the owner of the Rokerij Coffee shops.

The last-mentioned is in custody. From police investigation revealed that in 2009 by the British Customs is caught with a cool trailer with 250 kilo’s of cannabis. He is also according to the police involved in two drug shipments that were intercepted near the German border, and the large amount of drugs was found in a shed in Alphen aan den Rijn.

The operator of Big Fun has ordered the closure challenged in court. She says the owner of the Rokerij Coffee shop has not much to do with her Big Fun

• 5 years later...

Awwww, shit! I know I'm a bit late to the funeral, but was really looking forward to going back to my favorite Rokerij place... Was going to say that it's been a couple of years since I was there, but- seems like it was more like FIVE! (at least!)

EDIT

Just remembered that it was at The Rokerij, twenty years ago(!) that I first tried and fell in love with Jack Herer. (talking about the dope, not the dude.)

:thumbdown:

Edited by feengringer