the rokerij coffee shops closed down

Shogun

all 4 of the rokerij coffee shops in amsterdam closed for good today (12/3/12). apparently they were caught with more than 500g of weed on the premises and lost thier liscence. the rokerij was far from my favorite coffee shop but it doesnt change the fact that this is a bad blow for amsterdams coffee shop scene, times are hard enough with the upcoming weed pass bollocks. :headpain:

I enjoyed the time i spent in the rokerij, im gutted their house strain AMG was lovely always wanted to go and have a smoke of that again. One of my friends is going to be quite devastated to hear that as he always speaks of going there again. :blub:

oh dear...

I wasn't a fan of rokerij after the welcome or more like the more unwelcome visit on my first trip to the dam..

Still, looks like they are doing there best to close the shops one way or other eh... :unsure:

And re; the not able to pass licesnces on etc..

I always thought that but then seen a load of old cofeeshops being taken over..

Barney's took over a few, dampkring took over one or 2, abraxis repalced chocolata and so on..

Weird eh, i always thought once they were gone they were gone..

Rokerij's closing, a few more barney's GHS be popping up soon... :wassnnme:

I dunno, i'm gonna make a spliff and a cuppa anyway... :smokin:

HD.

i think if a coffee shop closes down by choice then they can sell thier liscence on, for exanple the dampkring took over pink floyd coffee shop. rokerij have had thier liscence revoked for breaking the rules thats very different. im sure i read they had 800g on the premises and they are only allowed 500. still bullshit if you ask me but thats thier rules. :spliff:

From what i can tell dutch coffee shops are checked often enough to check they dont have too much, i am sure that pinkies in eindoven and one of teh border ones got caught with serious weight in past, pinkies is open again now! Only 249.5kg to much!

From another site

Jerry the Gooner from UK. Sent 12 Nov 2008.

The Pink was raided last week and allegedly 250 kilos of hash and weed were found on the premises. Dutch law allows only half a kilo. The Pink is now closed for one year at least from November 2008.

Guest weedmonsta

i think they lose their licence and have to close for 3 months if they are caught with too much, with a 3 strike system the third being permanant... maybe they took all 3 hits in 3 of their shops at the same time

I haven't been in a Rokerij for ten years or so, and I don't think I ever scored anything impressive in one, but back when they could serve booze and weed I passed many a pleasant afternoon in the one down by the Leidseplein. It was the first coffeeshop I went in IIRC too.

Shame.

Shame this the rokerij at Liedseplein was shut in late january when i was there.

The situation with licenses is complex as usual with the Dutch.As i understand it you cannot sell the license, but they get round it .They do this by keeping the "original" license holder as a director of the new shop so in reality the licensee has not changed even though the "real" owner has.He gives you the benefit of the license and yo u pay him for the privilege.

Thats a real shame. The Rockery on the Square was my first ever Coffeeshop. I remember nervously walking through the door as a 17 year old and scoring some mind blowing white widow.

A real shame but if they're dumb enough to get caught them perhaps they deserve it. Its a grey industry so they should have respected the rules - especially in this climate.

I used to go to Kadinskys a lot. They had a great system where a guy on a moped would come in every two hours or so and stock them up.

Guess they just got greedy.

Its a grey industry so they should have respected the rules - especially in this climate.

i do agree but if the dutch respected the rules there would never have been any coffee shops in the first place

Thats a real shame. The Rockery on the Square was my first ever Coffeeshop. I remember nervously walking through the door as a 17 year old and scoring some mind blowing white widow.

A real shame but if they're dumb enough to get caught them perhaps they deserve it. Its a grey industry so they should have respected the rules - especially in this climate.

I used to go to Kadinskys a lot. They had a great system where a guy on a moped would come in every two hours or so and stock them up.

Off topic . I loved the Kandinsky. I got some Himalayan hash in there once. The girl lit the bottom of this ball of hash and some dripped on a bit of plastic. Me and two mates were stuck to the stools we were on for half an hour staring out the window. Existential. Wicked.

• Like 1

I used to like the one on the amstel as the interior was cool, the gear was average and the staff were mostly rude cunts, give me paradox, katsu or anyday, anyday :yinyang:

17 year old and scoring.

Its a grey industry so they should have respected the rules - especially in this climate.

rules is rules

e2b nicer

Edited by The Black Sheep