The Autos - 2nd Diary with 3rd Gen Autos

Congratulations on the 100% germination ska, good stuff.

is that the seed casing still on +Speed#2?, if so you could help her a bit if you like by gently removing it, very carefully though.

All the best mate. :yinyang:

When i saw Day 34 in your headline i thought they looked a little small for their age! lol

Rofl, thanks for that I'd just updated the other diary with the tent, Ice Cool hit me harder that i thought :smokin:

Yeah it's still on but it hasn't quite lifted off the soil, once it's standing up right I'll pick it off if still on. Had to do it for a couple of these ladies. Thanks though :yep:

I'm pleased they all germinated too, thanks mate.

:hippy:

• Like 1

Drobe Update

I did a little work on the drobe today, i drilled more intake holes and lined it with black/white plastic to stop a few light leaks, and make it more tidy, I also realised i have 6 11ltr pots free and no 6ltr pots so I'm going to use them instead. They actually fit the space perfectly.

I still have to wire up the balast to the reflector, but I can't do that till Tuesday. I also need to put some ducting between the fan and filter. That should all be done by the time the plants are big enough to re-pot.

gallery_32814_4170_27521.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks dude, I finally got some time to get to the grow shop, so I'll post later with my updates to the drobe and pics of the plants.

Well I had a bit of a disaster yesterday, I connected my new 250W balast and turned it on, to test it within 2 mins all the whole fusebox switched off and black smoke was comming from the balast. Thankfully I have it on a brick which has gone black, if it had been on the wood directly I would have had a fire to deal with.

Well thankfully all was good and I'm going back to the growshop today and they are going to swap it for me, I'm tempted to just get and electronic balast instead.

The drobe is up and working, but with a 125CFL for now and the new design of the extraction is working well. :)

Remember all the little saftey features, like balasts on bricks and a fire extigusher in the house are important cause bad things do happen.

Once I get home today, I will pot up and put the 250 on.

• Like 3

Very good mate ....i will follow this one man i have 4 +Speed myself in day 11 right now, but i have a 600watts MH and 600wats hps from greenbud. May the grow gods be with you bro.

Edited by ThePeet1
  • Like 1

Hey Ska, how ya enjoying ya fruits of the ScroG, makes me a little sad to see the screen missing :(

Congrats on the 100% germination mucker :guitar:

And what a relief safety comes first on your agenda :yinyang:

Gonna stick around and see if ya can get the SS to flower :rofl:

CK :skin_up:

• Like 1

The Autos

Day 10

Finally managed to get everything done and potted up the plants. I've gone straight to finals. After a little granules for the roots.

The evil ballast.

gallery_32814_4170_8999.jpg

gallery_32814_4170_71698.jpg

The nice new shiny ballast.

It's made by Maxibright.

gallery_32814_4170_102512.jpg

Fan Imporvements

Bubble wrap on the bottom to stop counter the slight vibrations and the fitting so i could add ducting.

gallery_32814_4170_33616.jpg

gallery_32814_4170_93600.jpg

The Drobe

Finally Finished

gallery_32814_4170_200437.jpg

With the plants in. The reflector is more to the centre now though

gallery_32814_4170_282124.jpg

The Autos day 10

gallery_32814_4170_184713.jpg

The Roots

All except +Speed 2 had roots like this. All got potted up anyway.

gallery_32814_4170_103547.jpg

Well I'll try to keep the updates more regular now.

:yahoo:

Edited by ska
  • Like 2

Very good mate ....i will follow this one man i have 4 +Speed myself in day 11 right now, but i have a 600watts MH and 600wats hps from greenbud. May the grow gods be with you bro.

Thanks man, I hope you enjoy the read. Good Luck with yours.

:yinyang:

Hey Ska, how ya enjoying ya fruits of the ScroG, makes me a little sad to see the screen missing :(

Congrats on the 100% germination mucker :guitar:

And what a relief safety comes first on your agenda :yinyang:

Gonna stick around and see if ya can get the SS to flower :rofl:

CK :skin_up:

Cheers dude, I'm pretty relieved to say the least. The smell of burning plastic took ages to go away. I do miss the scrog too but it's also nice to try different techniques. :book: I hope that I can get the SS to flower in 18/6 too :rofl:

Thanks for popping in guys

Edited by ska

Jeeez dude take care of yourself its just a plant and its not one of kind but you are. when i saw that picture of that burned balast, i was like wtf?!

Jeeez dude take care of yourself its just a plant and its not one of kind but you are. when i saw that picture of that burned balast, i was like wtf?!

Thanks for your concern. In 6years I've never had a ballast do that but it was the final push for me to get a electronic one. There are quite a few safety features in place and lastly there is a fire extinguisher. It switched the main fuse for the house so even if we weren't home it would have been fine. Remember always put your ballast on a non flammable surface like brick or glass.

• Like 1

Thats why i have buyed myself a Poot 600watts lamp. Its saver because everthing is in one place and nothing can happen. you should buy that thing man its great. here thats what i got very save and easy to use. uhmmm? ok i cant upload or link pictures but you can search easy on google "Poot 600w"

Thats why i have buyed myself a Poot 600watts lamp. Its saver because everthing is in one place and nothing can happen. you should buy that thing man its great. here thats what i got very save and easy to use. uhmmm? ok i cant upload or link pictures but you can search easy on google "Poot 600w"

Nice bit of kit that, I've seen them before, but they don't fit into myspace. I quite like wiring stuff myself too, I figure I can do just as good a job if not better than as the guys in the Chinese factories. I think if I replace the 400W ballast in my tent, I'll get an electric ballast.

Over here it's very hard to find things which are plug and play. like the ballasts in UK. You have to wire up most things, except the Lumitek ballasts. Apparently people here like that. I've been told it goes back to when it was communist, expensive electronic devices were only for high up people. Everyone else had to put there stuff together for bits they could buy, in other words make their own ballasts and such. It seems to have stuck too cause it's still like that now. But I've learned alot because of it.

Having said that stuff is making it's way into the shops now but it doesn't sell much.