Drying

The Major

Just had a conversation with me m8(a Grower) and he says plants are hung to dry upside down to let resin drain into the buds :yep:

I think this is Bull and have hung mine upside down just for convenience for years.

Also he just put wet plants from the rain away to dry,. Does he now run a high risk of grey mould?? As i seem to remember being told not to hang wet plants for this reason. Or is the mould just bad ventilation and dirty equipment? But surely wet plants = mould. :unsure: Could someone clear this up for us?

Mold is a bacteria that attacks wet bud when drying or when flowering

when drying try to keep them from touching also the bacteria needs light to live so keep your harvest in total darkness while drying and fianly keep the temp constant with good air movement so the bacteria spors dont have time to settel but most important keep your grow rooms clean and disinfect after every grow

humidity above 50% is where mold will thrive

Here's a wee tip for ya. When drying put some plastic on the floor under where your buds are hanging! :wacko: Picks up ALL the trihcs and other that falls, quite a bit too :alien:

Seperate colas from main stem. Hang colas seperateley, Main stem the same. Ensure GOOD ventillation in a darkened room at constant temps 65 degrees/ish. Air dry for 2/3 weeks, put into cardboard boxes with good spacing of colas, use brown paper to buffer them if nescissary for a further 2 weeks then cure for a further MONTH (min) in glass preserve jars. High temps and lack of air flow plus moisture = MOULD!! Do it right once and you will always do it right!!