A good strain for the ozzie sun

rasta

G'day Tony or any aussie growers out there

Im after a good strain to do outdoors in Australia next year I think Im at latitude 31.

I have found a lot of good strains out there just dont cut it when it comes to my latitude they end up small and produce an average yield so im after one that will do well over here any ideas

funny thing is most indoor strains do betta that the outdoor ones but always end up with heaps of bud rot :(

Cheers rasta :smokin:

G'day Tony or any aussie growers out there

Im after a good strain to do outdoors in Australia next year I think Im at latitude 31.

I have found a lot of good strains out there just dont cut it when it comes to my latitude they end up small and produce an average yield so im after one that will do well over here any ideas

funny thing is most indoor strains do betta that the outdoor ones but always end up with heaps of bud rot :(

Hi mate. You have bags more sun to play with than most of us ! You might find it interesting to look at auto strains, they have been very popular with euro mediterranean growers, 70 days from seed to harvest and the potency on the modern auto's is one the same level as traditional strains. For traditional strains, I would have thought that most would love those conditions so long as they are getting plenty of direct sun. Passion #1 and Hollands Hope are strong as hell and robust outdoor varieties. They don't seem to cope with the UK weather as well as Frisian Dew. But at 31 degrees south they should do really well. Just get plenty of quality soil for them, get some manure dug into the grow patch a couple of months before the plants go in. I don't know how dry the conditions are near you, but many growers in hot climates find a few water crystals a few feet underground help the plants survive better in extreme heat.

Cheers for getting back to me tony

Weird here ive grown a few different seeds outdoors first off they all end up female never had a male in 10 years if i plant 10 i get 10 females.

about 3 years back i grew your Purple#1 great plant almost black they where that purple but 10 seeds 10 females that wouldn't grow any bigger than 18" its my latitude not the seeds for sure

all the overseas seeds i plant do this

I compost my plots very well see I live on a farm bit over 200 acres and run cattle and sheep so there is plenty of shit laying around also have chooks.

I prepare my plot 3-4 months in advance for 4-5 plants (only did 10 once) lime the holes to sweeten the ground then fill with composted shits and some organic potting mix but this latitude keeps stuffing me up.

I dont grow any of the local bag seed strains bushbuds because its rubbish only real success i have is with indoor strains bud they get bud rot.

So do you still think the holland hope will do ok

Thanks heaps Tony

Hi rasta, I confess you have stumped me a bit on 2 counts. Firstly, getting all females from regular seed is something I can't really explain. Secondly, the fact that you get dwarf plants all the time is also weird. So I am guessing a bit from this point.

Maybe you would be better off with a more sativa-like strain perhaps better suited to your latitude like Mekong High? Or maybe Power Plant.

Do you think it is the latitude causing the small plants or something else? (water, roots or....)

You may want to give auto's a try, in your summer I reckon you would get outdoor yields that most UK growers could only dream of. Good luck man

Hi rasta, I confess you have stumped me a bit on 2 counts. Firstly, getting all females from regular seed is something I can't really explain. Secondly, the fact that you get dwarf plants all the time is also weird. So I am guessing a bit from this point.

Maybe you would be better off with a more sativa-like strain perhaps better suited to your latitude like Mekong High? Or maybe Power Plant.

Do you think it is the latitude causing the small plants or something else? (water, roots or....)

You may want to give auto's a try, in your summer I reckon you would get outdoor yields that most UK growers could only dream of. Good luck man

I know its weird something I cant explain also but true never had a female outdoors from imported seeds.

I don't think its water or roots my plants are always healthy nice and green just seem to get to a certain size then flowering starts normally around the 6-12 inch size. I plant out about 2-3 weeks into spring so im not planting to early or late

I've even tried Sativa's (imported) but still no luck so that's why if thinking its the latitude but i could be wrong.

Will give some Auto's a go next year and see how they good you would think they would go good because of the great amount of sun we get

Cheers Rasta :smokin:

Hi rasta, I think the auto's may be of interest because they have given such good results in areas such as southern spain (which is almost as tropical as your location). And they are quick. So it may be something to think about. I can't see there is anything special or weird about your latitiude. But good luck in your quest Rasta, I wish you well

Thanks mate will try the auto strains for sure and yeh Spain is a lot like here I'm a pome living in Australia so I've been to Spain quiet a few times. So what Auto would you suggest for medicinal use

Thanks again mate

Cheers Rasta :smokin:

Most of the Oztribe seem to like Blueberry.

Seems to be a popular strain down under.

Blank

Edited by blankSteve

Most of the Oztribe seem to like Blueberry.

Seems to be a popular strain down under.

Blank

Always wanted to grow blueberry guess this is my excuse