white widow

roidrage

Hey guys. I have just finished my first tent grow with white widow, it haven't fully dried yet but im expecting a low yeild since im a newbie and have afew questions if antbody can answer before my next go.

Around 3 week of flower all the fan leaves started to yellow bad and almost all of them had fallen off over the next two weeks, is thsi normal? The plants started to smell real abd aroudn this time, a rotten smell.. maybe my roots went bad.

Whats the best yield you had with it?

Prefared method to max yield? I had 5 lanky ladies in a dr90 and the canopy could of been filled much more.

And at what week did you chop? I just left mine 10 week exactly

I got well 3 vegged clones waiting go in the tent as soon as the bud is dried, I think im going to try a 3 plant scrog, the clones are much more bushy than the mums so this should fill tent much better

Something doesn't sound right there mate. Yes, leaves will yellow naturally towards the end of flowering but not at the beginning unless you had a nutrient deficiency or something else causing issues (temperature issues ?)

Without a lot of detail on your growroom and conditions it is difficult to say exactly what was the cause of the issues, but something needs looking at. White Widow is normally a respectable yielder, perhaps not as high as strains like Power Plant , but pretty good. Chopping around 8-9 weeks is normally OK.

Yeah RR as Tony said, there must have been something else amiss there fella, its sounds to me like root temps or nute deficiency but without some more info its hard to tell. When you say it "smelled rotten", do you mean the whole plant or just the roots? If it was just the roots this would suggest to me that the root temps were either to hot or to cold. Did the plant/s go sort of shitty looking all through the grow?

H2

temps were likely to have gone low when the light was off since was freezing outside and often the heating wasnt on, i only got a min/max thermometer after it had warmed alittle and lowest was 16 then and max 27, i could of been overwatering also.

the whole plant stank and didnt semll of cannabis at all, started losing most bad smell afew weeks before chop and now almost dried it's still smelling funny but nothing like it was.. i smoked abit and was a very nice stone

foliage on the plant or what was left of it didnt look good all way though the grow but the buds kept growing, i thought at first it was all gunan die so just glad they survived. At about 4 weeks the lights off temps was getting higher, i flushed and added epsom salts.

Edited by roidrage

i was feeding with just tomorite, did abit too much at the start since 2 got abit burned, maybe late to start it but added some bonemeal to the top of pots at 3 or 4 weeks too, was just asking about the yellowing and all falling off since i read one thread about ww and a guy said all his leaves fell off so dont worry about it, but i dont know if his leaves was just falling off at the end and not at an early stage as mine did

roidrage fill in your profile about your grow methods so we can help you better without having to ask what you grow in etc.

Drop the tomorite, get some better nutes. If you are in compost then fishmix and OT bloom is what you want.

Plants need a good amount of N the first couple of weeks flower because of the stretch so you should have a grow formula with plenty of N at first then switch to bloom nutes week 3 or so. I reckon you will avoid yellow leaves at the beginning like this and give them a good start to flowering.

Bone meal takes weeks or months to break down - not for indoor growing.

And root temps are the most important thing in the grow environment and learn a good wet / dry routine. Leaves dropping off is not a good thing at all at any stage of the grow, definitely avoid this.

Next crop will be better mate.

Edited by Lobo
  • Like 3

thanks Lobo, i filled in some profile details

i didnt want to change to decent nutes since i already bought the stuff from bnq and i hate wasting things and also see what i can get using cheap stuff, but kinda silly be spending alot on setup then skimping on nutes so ill sort that out

the wet and dry i have sorted out, afer watering i leave it until its dry and alittle before they would start to wilt if thats right?

• 2 weeks later...

With plant magic OT bloom i have never had more than a few yellow leaves come chop day.

Not sure why people think its normal