Exploring My Sweet Side

PureSmkr

Firstly, MASSIVE THANKS to Sweet Seeds for the opportunity to participate.

Seeds are all Autos, never done Autos so looking forward to seeing what they can do. I chose 3 Black Jack, 3 Cream Caramel and 3 Sweet Cheese.

And as I wanted to fill my room better, I'll be adding 3 more of each strain which i've purchased myself. So 18 auto plants in total. 6 of each strain.

I've kicked off the first 9 last weekend so they'll be just under week ahead, but the postman hasn't been delivering during the week so today (Saturday) the envelope arrived from Spain :D

I put them straight into pots, and put them under the T5 with the others.

I have to do everything on my phone since my laptop packed in so the diary is video only as I can't upload pics to the site, but I can put them in a video. Pics also may not be top quality and video may be shakey but do please bear with me :)

• Like 3

Hi PureSmkr!

Welcome to the 3rd Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition! Hope you enjoy the strains you have my friend ;)

Thanks for starting the thread and all good to your diary :yep:

I'll keep passing by, sweet regards,

tommy

Thanks Tommy, Serpent, Hiphip, Ska..... :)

Here's some quick grow room info, & plans for this grow.

The 9 seedlings and 9 germinating are currently in a DP90 propagation tent under a T5 light. They will later be placed into a DR150 for flowering under 2 x 600w hps. I am looking for about 2 ounces a plant (assuming 18 make it), but happy with anything really. I'm buying smoke at the moment as I've ran out, so the timing of trying out autos is good for me right now! It's also the first feminised seed I've grown, so 2 firsts for me :yep:

An update will follow once the new 9 germinate, no doubt some will start in the next 24 hours if they are anything like the first 9. All of the first lot were showing in 48 hours, put straight into Plagron Light Mix, so no doubt these will be just as quick too.

Best of luck to everyone in the comp :D

• Like 1

Hi Puresmkr,

Thought I'd pop in & say High & good luck with your Auto's. There's a few of us trying these Auto's so it'll be interesting to see how we all get on.

ATB, HT.

Harris, Godspeed, UKBlazer - thanks for the well wishes dudes! Very much appreciated, good luck to you all too :D

Right then, well done to Sweet Seeds as germination rate is 100% over 18 seeds. :yep:

I say 100%, and it hopefully will be but one Cream Caramel has cracked in the pot but isn't rising yet. It does have a big taproot though so I'm sure it will in the next 24 hours. Strangely the other 2 Cream Caramel Autos received from the comp both needed the inner membrane of the seed husk removed so the cotyledons can spread, however none of the other 15 seeds had any problems at all germinating, including the first 3 Cream Caramels I germinated last week.

Can't get better than 100%, nice 1! :)

I have rearranged the seedlings in 3 rows, the first row are the Black Jack's, second row are the Cream Caramels and the back row are the Sweet Cheese seedlings. The first to germinate last week are on the left, and the seedlings on the right are a day or two old.

Another week or so and I'll pot them up and place them in the DR150.

• Like 1

Quick update.

This morning I thought fuckit, I'm gonna stick em all in the big tent under the 600w MH as I know they prefer it in there as the airflow is better and the temps are more even.

I had to ease off the seed shell and membrane of the germinating CC last night as it was firmly holding it shut and she wanted to see the light like her friends.

So that's 18 seeds germinated out of 18 seeds planted, bloody marvellous. This weekend I will change their lighting to 20/4 as its on 24hours at the moment, they are looking great but strangely some are seriously lagging behind for no apparent reason.

Video will follow later.

Now that they are all under the metal halide lamp they look especially happy, except for a few of the first 9 which don't seem to want to get going (9 on the left started a week earlier).

I may remove 2 of the slowest starters as 16 plants would fit a little better, I figured I could put 4 on each tray, 4 trays in total = 16l. I'll wait until I pot them up & I'll see what my options are.

• Like 1

Nice start man and I really like the idea of video over pics.

Some lovely strains there and i'm particulary interested in the sweet cheese as they will be in my tent next time around, so all the very best with the Grow and Comp Pure Smkr and congrats with the 100% Germ rate (good ole sweet seeds)

Hope you don't mind me plonking my arse in the corner for this grow.

ATB

AstroNut :alien: